PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new here

sp33der
21-10-06, 19:05
Hi to you all, just found this site today, never occurred to me to look for any online groups over the last 4 yrs or so that I've been suffering panic and anxiety attacks! Things just got worse for me following my dad's death just under three weeks ago. I'm not conciously dwelling on it but I'm having serious problems sleeping and have started taking prozac 2 weeks ago - I'm sure it's making me more anxious! the insomnia's awful, I've hardly slept in three days, last night was just a big long anxiety trip :( Anyway, great to find you all and hope to talk more :)
Cheers all

net
21-10-06, 19:11
welcome

i'm on prozac it helps with my depression but not my anxiety

a lot of prople i know on it say the worst side effect is the sweating i find that difficult to cope with
do you have many side effects

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

honeybee3939
21-10-06, 21:09
Hi,

And a BIG warm welcome to you,

So sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts are with you.

It usually takes a month or two before you will feel any benefit from the medication, heightened anxiety is usually one of the side affects when first taking them.

I hope you find lots of good advice here, where all a great bunch, will look forward to talking to you too.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

yorkylover
21-10-06, 23:00
Hi and welcome.Meds can make you more anxious when starting them,but it usually calms down.Im sorry for your loss.You will find some helpfull advise on here.
Take care

Ellen XX

Lynnann
21-10-06, 23:36
Welcome,

So sorry about your Dad,Unfortuntely you are dealing with grief as well as panic but I am sure things will settle down.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

manmoor
22-10-06, 13:57
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
22-10-06, 14:16
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts go out to you.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
22-10-06, 15:23
Hi

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

sp33der
23-10-06, 11:57
Hi again, thanks for the welcome! Still stupidly anxious since I started taking Prozac, not pleasant at all! [xx(]