PDA

View Full Version : Tired

Shopaholic
27-08-13, 18:25
Hi everyone, you seem like a friendly bunch so maybe someone can offer me some advice because for some reason I'm really struggling at the moment. :weep:

I have been suffering with depression for 1- 1 1/2 years. I'm currently taking 40mg of fluoxetine and 20mg of propanolol and I'm on a waiting list for some talking therapy (I guess that would be CBT?)

The depression has eased since taking the tablets but I am suffering with some other associated problems which are making it difficult to cope and function. Firstly, I am always so, so tired. I sleep ok, quite light and I dream a lot and sometimes I wake up early, but I always wake up tired. I never feel refreshed and my eyes just want to shut all of the time. I was always quite active, even during the early-mid stages of the depression but now my ability to exercise has just gone, I don't want to do it and find myself getting tired too quickly.
My other problem is my memory and concentration. I am forgetting names, words, everything. :wacko: I must come across as just plain stupid some of the time, I do really silly things.

I'm learning to drive at the moment (well, re-learning. I started to learn last year but I was getting so stressed out about the test I took a break until I was feeling better) and I'm finding it difficult to remember information and concentrate.

The slightest thing upsets me and I've just had enough of feeling like this.

Sorry for moaning :blush: maybe writing it all down will help me to feel better, who knows? Thanks for any advice.

Annie0904
27-08-13, 20:27
These are all symptoms of anxiety and depression and I can relate to them. Hopefully the therapy will be able to help you feel better. The medication may also be causing some of your symptoms..not sure how long you have been taking it but it often takes a number of weeks for the side effects to subside.

Illyria
30-08-13, 09:02
Hello,

I used to take Fluoxetine, and the side effects never seemed to subside for me. When I took the medication, I was also having panic attacks quite often. I was always, ALWAYS tired. I wanted to sleep all day, my eyes always felt heavy and I just felt so drained. Part of it was the anxiety, part of it was the medication.

Now that I'm past my major stressor, I'm less tired. I also dream less. I found that when I was going through everything, I dreamt often. I found out that's a part of anxiety and depression. Depressed people dream up to 60% more than "normal" people.

As for memory, I can never remember names, dates of anything, upcoming events...nothin. I used to have a great memory, remembered lots. Sometimes my brain feels so scrambled, I can relate to you here.

Driving takes focus and lots of patience, learning to drive stressed me out too. I honestly found water to be helpful with concentrating. Getting your recommended amount of water actually rocks.

Hope you find something that works for you :)