PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram dosage increase?

queery
27-08-13, 18:57
Hello, I'm new to the site, don't really know if I'm doing this properly or posting in the right place or whatever. basically I've been on 10mg citalopram for GAD for the past 12 weeks or so. it was working great for a while but then the magic seemed to fade and I noticed myself becoming very depressed and my anxiety starting to creep back in. wanting to nip it in the bud I went to my doctor who upped my dosage to 20mg which I've been taking for the past 3 days. and I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakdown. this is the worst I have felt, not just anxiety-wise, but I am so depressed, I feel totally empty and just can't see the point in anything. please someone tell me does this have something to do with the dosage increase? will it get better? any advice would be greatly appreciated ):

Sparkle1984
28-08-13, 14:00
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

it may take a few days or weeks for the increase to kick in fully. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.