PDA

View Full Version : vasovagal syncope

sarah1942
27-08-13, 19:49
Does anyone on here know if vasovagal syncope can FOLLOW a prolonged episode of emotional stress. I've been severely anxious/depressed for a whole year now with not much let up. This morning my whole body went icy cold and I almost fainted. Even my head went icy cold. I couldn't stand as I felt so faint. Just lay there terrified and icy cold tinles all over especially the top of my head.Then within a minute I started sweating profusely. I was drenched in sweat. I was soooo hot. The paramedics came as I live on my own and they found me on the front garden path in my nightie! :-( -- in an attempt to cool down. My blood pressure was really low but heart tracings in A and E showed nothing untoward. I still feel shakey and a bit nauseous but thank god that episode went after half an hour or so. I'm now really scared of having it happen again so I'm posting on here to see if anyone else has experienced this.

nomorepanic
27-08-13, 21:12
My partner had one of these recently and passed out driving home and crashed his car and wrote it off.

He has had a couple more funny episodes since but didn't actually pass out.

He has had loads of tests and scans and nothing sinister was found.

sarah1942
28-08-13, 17:31
It was my blood pressure that dropped rapidly. The stress I have been under was colossal. Did you have that icy cold tingling followed by drenched in sweat?

nomorepanic
28-08-13, 18:06
My partner's blood pressure was low apparently and he was very hot and sweaty