PDA

View Full Version : brain mri on friday night!!!!

aggiecuttler
27-08-13, 20:01
I realise that this is a post which people will not be able to say everything is ok, but i just need to post as i am so worried, i am having my three monthly mri on friday, i have them regularly as i am being treated for a brain tumour, diagnosed in jan 2013, so i am going to have to wait the whole weekend to find out what the scan shows, so worried, can not stop thinking about it, am going to try a sedative this time last time was horrible and i have to realise that this is going to have to be part of my life from now onward bummer man delivers!!!!!:scared15::scared15::scared15::scared 15::scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15::scared 15::scared15:

Annie0904
27-08-13, 20:08
I just want to send you hugs and let you know that I will be thinking about you on Friday. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

ElizabethJane
27-08-13, 20:16
Dear Aggie I'm really sorry that you have to go through all this. Sending hugs:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: EJ

aggiecuttler
27-08-13, 20:21
thanks girls you made me smile!! hugs back:hugs:

Annie0904
27-08-13, 20:23
Please let us know how you get on, on Friday xx

Speranza
27-08-13, 20:41
Hey, they might be able to give you a hint at least if it's all good... Lots of love xxxxx

aggiecuttler
27-08-13, 20:48
i will update as soon as i know anything, i am hoping to be pretty out of the program once i have had my sedative, thanks for all your kind words its really kind and i will see if i can gage anything while i am there!!!!

daisydaisy
27-08-13, 22:36
Hi Aggie,

So sorry for what you are going through. I hate the MRIs too. I have recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour after suffering a series of seizures- it all came completely out of the blue. Please feel free to PM me anytime for support. Maybe we could support each other. You are so brave. I'm pretty much up and down right now. It feels never ending but someone mentioned to me about a strength that comes from within when things like this happen and I have to agree in some ways as some of the anxiety has stopped but in other ways it feels different too because the realisation sort of hits me but I keep thinking we live in some of the best times now with fantastic technology which has to help too. Best of luck for Friday. :hugs: xx

Fishmanpa
29-08-13, 02:16
I'm an oral cancer survivor. I finished treatment 4-24. I had my 1st post Tx PET scan 8-6. We call this "Scanxiety" ;) Perfectly natural. When my scan date approached I felt I was in control but certain behaviors indicated I was stressing about it. I was much more irritable and short with those around me. I didn't feel any physical symptoms until I went to bed the night before when I felt my heart pounding and had trouble falling asleep. The next day I was fine. In fact, I fell asleep waiting for the prep injections to do their thing and actually fell asleep in the PET machine!

Perhaps something like Ativan would help calm your nerves. The first couple of days of my radiation treatment I was given Ativan and it helped my nerves. Being strapped down to a table by a fiberglass mask is a bit unnerving and it helped until I could get used to it.

Bottom line is that what you're feeling is perfectly natural and as soon as you get the good news you'll be fine :)

Best wishes, positive thoughts and prayers for an encouraging result!

"T"

Speranza
29-08-13, 08:28
:hugs:

aggiecuttler
29-08-13, 09:03
Fishmanpa, i have some lorazapam to take so i am hoping i feel chilled out it would be great if i could fall asleep in there, not likely though i think, hope you are doing well thanks for responding now its close i almost feel better as i just want to do it and get it done!! blessings

Magic
29-08-13, 09:53
I wish you all the best for Friday:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

aggiecuttler
29-08-13, 12:42
thanks everyone, Daisy Daisy i have PM you blessings

aggiecuttler
31-08-13, 08:05
Had the scan, was an improvement on my last one, had music to listen to which was a nice distraction, the sedative did nothing much, but all in all not to bad, now to wait on the results xxxx

ElizabethJane
31-08-13, 08:06
I'm glad it went as well as could be expected. Well done for being brave. EJ

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::flowers::flowers::flowers :

aggiecuttler
31-08-13, 11:09
Thanks EJ very kind have a nice weekend xx