PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

cheryl75
27-08-13, 20:26
Well hello all. Where do I start?

I have been having anxiety related symptoms for the last year now. It's funny how when you think your doing well and then it rears its ugly head again. After attending A + E last year with an SVT, I found myself on a downward spiral towards health anxiety and depression.

I have had the pills, health checks and all the blood tests possible. I currently take Propanalol 80mg daily, and although psychologically I feel it is helping, I really don't want to be a pill popper for the rest of my life.

Today was a really bad day. While at work, minding my own business, the dreaded feelings start.....the hot flush, palpitations, hands,feet,tongue and face start tingling, the chest and back ache starts and then the mind runs on overdrive. It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself I am fine,it's only the anxiety, my body won't respond as I want it to. The deep breathing helps, but only 45 minutes later does my body respond and I feel I can move again.

I want to be me again, I wish this would leave me alone.

Anyone else feel the same?

Speranza
27-08-13, 20:39
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure lots of people will be along to say hi...

MRS STRESS ED
27-08-13, 20:43
I totally no were your coming from im the same ,but I would like to :welcome:you

leopisces
27-08-13, 20:46
I feel that it's important to accept anxiety as part, only a part mind, of you. It may be a part of you that you need to control but the belief it is part of you could make it easier for you to do so.....am I making any sense??