PDA

View Full Version : not a good day

anx mum
27-08-13, 20:45
My anxiety is sky high at the moment was taken to hospital with severe chest pains and pains in left arm while I was there they did 3 ecg tests all came bk with abnormal wave:weep: I was given painkillers and told to come bk in outpatients for two tests an ultra sound of the heart and a ct scan im really scared just hope the test is soon has anyone had these tests?

davey2k12
27-08-13, 20:59
me neither inface had a horrible week of thinking im dying its been awful

anx mum
27-08-13, 21:14
How do u cope? Have u got kids?

Twinsmummy
27-08-13, 21:38
Hello
I hope you feel a bit better by now. I once had to rush my husband to A and E with chest pain, I had to barge in to the triage room as he looked terrible and was on the point of collapse. His EKG was abnormal and they admitted him straight away to keep an eye on him. The next morning he was completely fine, he had to for stress tests etc a few weeks later and was then discharged. That was about 4 years ago and he is fine (fingers crossed!). I'm only mentioning this to hopefully reassure you that things can seem bad but actually are fine.

Stress can do terrible things to your body and I would imagine anxiety about your heart is going to give all sorts of chest pains and palpitations to the degree that your heartbeat is affected. I hope I am right and you will feel physically fine once you have been mentally reassured that you are okay. Your heart is not something doctors are going to drag their heels over, if there is something, there is plenty they can do about it.

I wish you all the very best.
C

anx mum
27-08-13, 21:50
Thank u for your reply:hugs: