PDA

View Full Version : Discontinuation of Fluxeotine and weight gain

Northlink
27-08-13, 22:01
Hi everyone. I started taking fluxeotine 5 years ago and initially lost a little weight (which in addition to helping with anxiety issues was a bit of a bonus for me!). Probably after the first year/18 months I started to gain a small amount of weight but I didn't go above the weight I was when I started taking the medication so no issues. As expected, if I watched what I ate or worked out more could see the difference.

However since coming of fluxeotine in April I have piled on the pounds. I am being extremely careful with what eat and going to the gym a ridiculous amount of times per week and I'm still gaining (please don't say muscle is heavier than fat as I assure you it's not muscle I'm gaining - it's definitely fat). It's very difficult to have no control over your body like this. I have had my thyroid checked as I understand fluxeotine can affect this but thyroid is fine apparently.

Has anyone else experienced weight gain coming off fluxeotine and if so how long did it take for your body to sort itself out and return to normal? I have considered going back on fluxeotine but that would be crazy as otherwise I feel fine (although if I continue to keep putting on weight not sure f ll feel fine)

Thanks and sorry for long post.

KeeKee
27-08-13, 22:57
Aw I'm so sorry this has happened. I gained about 20lbs whilst on Fluoxetine so I am quite the opposite.
Sorry I am of no help but I know how hard weight gain can be, especially when meds may ve to blame.
I have been put on Paroxetine due to Fluoxetine and Citalopram not working and read that it is notorious foe significant weight gain. Needless to say if this happens I will stop taking it.
Hope you cab sort out what's causing your weight gain, it's probably just your body adjusting.

Northlink
28-08-13, 17:01
Thanks KeeKee. Hopefully it will sort itself out. Let's hope Paroextine has the opposite effect on you and you don't gain unwanted weight. :-)