PDA

View Full Version : Meds for health anxiety

HannahA
27-08-13, 22:33
Hey,

I have undergone 6 sessions of CBT to action my HA but it is still going strong! I was wondering if any one suffering from health anxiety has gas any relief from any medication and if so what? I haven't just run to become medicated, I just need a break from this worrying and dark thoughts.

Thank you
X

Eyji1
27-08-13, 22:39
I'm currently on Citalopram. The first 3 weeks were a bit bad but I'm feeling much better now.

HannahA
27-08-13, 22:40
And has it really helped ease your anxiety?

jonathan1985
27-08-13, 23:07
hey :) im in the same position,feeling medication is now needed to get these thoughts of my health outta my head,was on citalopram before same as Eyji1 and found it took the edge off my worrying health issues,just needing to pluck up the courage to take them again as been med free for over a year hope this helps a bit :) x

HannahA
27-08-13, 23:13
Thank you so much for your reply, I think I'm going to have to ask my GP. My thoughts are taking over everything and it's doing my head in! I spend so much time worrying about my Health and my loved ones health, thank you Jonathan x

Eyji1
27-08-13, 23:50
And has it really helped ease your anxiety?

Yes. I have found that it helps me a lot. I don't have as much inner dialogue with myself. Not as many negative thoughts and therefor not as many bodily symptoms as my attention is directed elsewhere.

Of course medication is only a fragment of what I have been doing for the past months. A change of my world view has been necessary along with all my thought processes.

But to give you a definite answer. Yes medication has helped me tremendously.