PDA

View Full Version : Symptom of breast cancer...going insane!

roseyposey
28-08-13, 01:33
I am going crazy! Aside from other symptoms...i have extremely painful boobs. They have been like this for about 6 weeks now they are so sore to touch and i have stabbing pains in them also in my underarms and my back and neck. I also felt lumps and swelling that didnt seem right

i went to my GP today who checked everywhere out and told me there was no lumps anywhere.

she asked me to come back in for some blood tests due to me telling her i have irregular periods to check hormone levels, thyroid imbalance and something else...why would she do this if im ok what do they check that for?

Its so horrible why do my pains and symptoms seem so real? It seems to be everything i think i have is in my head but i do feel il!

aggiecuttler
28-08-13, 10:17
how old are you prehaps she is going to check re menopause, and thyroid can throw your system out, i recently had mine checked just a simple blood test, i would not worry yourself get the tests and have your mind put at rest blessings

roseyposey
28-08-13, 12:43
Im 23 so dont think its that, i decided today i am going to try a private GP as the NHS doctors just think im mad and dont seem to listen to anything i say and are quite rude to me

emlica
30-08-13, 14:01
Irregular periods and sore boobs both sound like symptoms of your hormones being a bit out of whack, which can be caused by loads of things, many of them very minor. You may as well have those tests - if the GP has suggested them it doesn't sound like they're just ignoring you, they're just looking for possible explanations... I don't think having 'all over' sore boobs is particularly indicative of breast cancer, sounds much more like something happening with your hormones, and that's what she's suggested testing for!