PDA

View Full Version : First day

Dan-91
28-08-13, 08:50
Hi, I've recently been prescribed Fluoxetine by my local GP for Anxiety/OCD but obviously me (and my parents) are concerned about side effects and whether it actually helps with anxiety/OCD.

More specifically, I have ROCD so it would great if someone could shed light on what I'm getting myself into and whether it actually helps. :)

Thankyou.

anthrokid
29-08-13, 06:37
I suffered terribly from anxiety, panic attacks and OCD, and fluoxetine worked wonders for me. I hve been taking it for 3 years now, and still never had a problem with it.

I'm also studying to be a psychologist, so I know a lot about SSRI medication and side effects. It really depends on the person, all you can do is try it. Remember, there are side effects to any medication, especially in anxiety sufferers because we feel small changes in our bodies more. Fluoxetine can take 4-6 weeks before you start seeing positive effects so try and stick with it this long at the least if you can, as long as the side effects are durable. Like I've told many people, I have never had a single side effect from fluoxetine. it was the right drug for me from the first day. it is different for everyone. All you can do it give it a shot!