PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Jaye
28-08-13, 14:13
Hi All, I'm so pleased to have found you all. I'm Jaye and a chronic worrier by nature and lately I have started to suffer really badly with crippling anxiety about my health all the time, brought on (I think) by first of all losing my lovely parents recently, and now close family members being diagnosed with cancer. Before I just constantly worried myself sick about my mum and dad so my thoughts were totally consumed with that, but since losing them I seem to have turned all my worry onto myself and each week am convinced I have some horrible ailment which is waiting to get me! - I am menopausal too which just adds to my anxiety so that doesn't help :weep:

Anyway, I'm really pleased to have found this site and look forward to meeting you all.

Jaye
x

Tufty
28-08-13, 15:24
:welcome: Jaye

Sorry to hear about your parents and that you have other relatives that are poorly too. I think it's natural for an anxious person to turn the worry to themselves after they've been consumed with the health of others. And you're right about the menopausal bit, that won't help the symptoms of anxiety at all.

There's lots of helpful advice on this site and people willing to answer specific questions. I hope you are receiving support from your GP and have been offered some CBT or other talking therapies?

Take care
Sam

MRS STRESS ED
28-08-13, 15:56
:welcome:sorry to hear your news ,there is lots of help and support here your with people who care and understand xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cokesmyth5
28-08-13, 16:29
Welcome Jaye
Offload it all here, someone always pops up with words of wisdom!