PDA

View Full Version : stopping the vicious circle

Florance
28-08-13, 21:12
Hi,

I feel very down as been suffering from HA for a few months and feel its ground my life to a big halt. I know that my issue is getting into a circle of negative thoughts and paying too much attention to my body and its sensations/pains. I never used to be like this at all. I try to break the thought process but struggle, I also feel I know whats caused my HA and have booked in to see a councellor to help me deal with some of these issues. I have had various tests all clear but have been given ranitidine for GERD. I was prescribed trazadone and also citalopram both of which didnt suit me. So I am going au naturale at the moment. I dont sleep well and when I do I wake up feeling very unwell and shaking. So I tend to fear sleep even when I am so tired it overpowers me a bit which then makes me more anxious! Any thoughts, tips or advice?

PeterC
07-09-13, 13:27
Hi Anita, its common to keep finding faults with your body from all aches, pains, lumps, and bumps, seen and unseen too. Its a circle that does need to be broken in the recovery process and as for taking meds is a hard call as to or not to take them, but I'm not sure about going around naked helps but each to their own :winks:. Perhaps I need to try that approach?? lol
But sleep for sure because the way I look at it, is if I die in my sleep I wont know about it, so whats the point of worrying?
Get well soon
Pete xx