PDA

View Full Version : Not having a good night

waveydave
28-08-13, 23:47
Had a "scare" about MS about 2 months ago. Left arm felt weak, less dexterity etc. Googled, found MS, starting panicking - you guys know how it goes from there. Anyway, I went to Dr who said I had anxiety (despite having no clinical history) and it didn't sound like MS.

Since then I've tried to put it out of my mind, but I still don't feel I'm right. I'm still conscious of my arm and analysing every little thing. Now today I have stiff shoulders (both sides, but left worse) and sore forearm. Also tenderness between thumb and forefinger. I started learning the guitar a few months back and went to play today and forearm/hand fatigued very quickly (<5 mins). I'm not convinced I have ALS :weep:

I think because my Dr didn't send me to a neuro, I still doubt his diagnosis, and can't believe that anxiety could cause this (I'm only anxious ABOUT the symptoms, the rest of my life is pretty good).

Needed to write that down.

Speranza
29-08-13, 01:26
Hi, I wonder if you got into a habit of sleeping in a bad position for your arm? Once something is tense, it is self-perpetuating cos we tense up and it feels worse so we tense up... one bad night might have triggered it.

waveydave
29-08-13, 10:10
Hello Speranza

Ironically, I have just bought a new pillow. I had problems with my other shoulder a year or so ago, but not to the extent where I felt weaker or had arm pain.

The muscle soreness has eased today, so I feel a little better. Going to try and stay away from google!