PDA

View Full Version : PVC-PAC runs

dizzy1
29-08-13, 02:04
Hi guys I am quite new to this.
A bit about me- 26 years of age, female. I suffer from anxiety and IBS ( which can flare up quite bad :weep: ) In the past I have been through stages of sever anxiety and depression- where I experienced PVC/PACS. I had two ecgs done and was told it was due to anxiety etc. I am currently on lansoprozole 15mg for my ibs and acid reflux. At this moment in time I don't get many pacs or pvcs just the odd one here or there depending on mood/ibs flare up etc.
the main reason for posting on here is I was doing some reading on PVC/ PAC runs as I do tend to get them in runs of about 5 or maybe more sometimes. I usually cough to cut them out, however have been reading about sudden cardiac death caused by dangerous arrythmias such as those caused by runs of these pacs/pvcs. I'm very scared :weep: any advice would be great. I have has two ecgs done in the past and doctor has listened to my heart beat and not really said much about it but I go home. :unsure:

Natbaby1
21-09-13, 15:36
I am extremely phobic about pvcs, so I know exactly where you're coming from. I have been told by several doctors that runs of pvcs and pacs are not dangerous at all in a structurally normal heart. Easy for them to say, right?! It doesn't matter how many times I'm told that I'm fine and that these things are benign, every flutter and pound that feels off causes an adrenalin rush that sets off my panic. These things are miserable!! I'm so afraid that I'm going to drop dead one day - but my doc swears that won't happen. I'm sorry I don't have any scientific explanation to ease your worries, but I can tell you that you aren't alone. Best wishes to you!

Messie7
21-09-13, 18:11
I have suffered with them for 12 years and it turned out I have 2nd degree heart block. I'm very stressed with work at the minute and have been having runs of ectopic beats every few minutes fo about a week! They are horrible but not dangerous.

dizzy1
28-09-13, 19:03
I was at work eating lunch and got a short flutter. I stood up and had to keep coughing to stop them. Then got another set of runs when I sat down again. I'm so scared :,( what if they don't stop?