PDA

View Full Version : lightheaded when walking

Torri
29-08-13, 13:25
Why do i get this i have had it for a few months now and its causing me to have panic/anxiety attacks, i now try to ignore it and get on with it like i have been told to by cbt but its getting annoying now, it really puts me out of sorts for the rest of the day and i feel ill
It only happens when im outside going somewhere, its not a daily thing as i dont go out everyday as i dont need to
I am on meds for my panic/anxiety disorder are they something to do with it, but ive been on the meds for a year and i did have lightheadedness as i side affect when i first started, however i have had to up my dose to cope with this episode

Anxious_gal
29-08-13, 14:13
Get your eyes and ears tested, I wonder if you may have a bit of vertigo?

I'm waiting to see an ENT but I get all kinds of dizzy. Sometimes it feels like I'm walking on a bouncy castle, the floor drops a few inches under my feet, feeling faint, lightheaded, the spinny type of dizzy....

It might help to chew some gum or sweets. I either have gum or mints on me.

It might be too if you are nervous about leaving the house, your heart races and you breathe faster. So try to relax your tummy and maybe breathe slower, I do think the chewing sweets can somehow help you to relax the breathing.

I get anxious too about leaving the house, I've sort of accepted the feeling like hell until I get more "into" my walk. I've been feeling a lot more dizzy lately but everywhere not just when walking so I think with you it might just be the anxiety :)

xvolatileheart
29-08-13, 16:26
I get this, too. I've stopped taking long walks which is sad because my husband loves long walks. I'm sure it's just our anxiety.

almamatters
29-08-13, 16:45
I get this, I only get it mildly at present compared to a few months ago. It used to be so bad I would have to lean on a wall or something to stop myself from falling. I think it is definitely anxiety and breathing related as when I started practicing better breathing the feelings seemed to subside. I sympathise with you as it is a horrible sensation.

millielaura
30-08-13, 14:09
I get this! Thats how my panic attacks started to get really bad, In noticed I felt light headed when walking anywhere which would really make me panic! I think it stemmed from having a panic attack when walking once and since then I have been subconsciously scared about walking anywhere, therefore it causes me to feel faint everytime I walk somewhere, especially on my own! Do you think this is the case for you as well?