PDA

View Full Version : Tired all the time

KeeKee
29-08-13, 13:27
I'm sure this is just a sign of Anxiety, but I am tired all the time. Yesterday I went to the amusements with my partner and daughter, where we sat next to the beach and had dinner, went on the amusements and had a look around Morrison's (just curious haha). We were out a total of 6 hours and I was exhausted. I had an earlier night than I have been (fell asleep around 11.30) and still couldn't get up when my alarm went off at 8.30. I ended up pulling myself out of bed at 9.40 and at 11 I was still tired. I feel ok now having made and ate dinner, but this is getting to the point that I am just lazing around all the time and am starting to wonder if it is a symptom of an underlying health issue. I'm 24 so don't think its just my body getting older, although when I was a teen I used to go to an all night rave, leave at 7 and then go shopping with my parents at 10.
Now I cant even stay up past midnight.
I was told by my CBT therapist that when you are down etc, you do less and therefore feel more tired, which I agree. However, the other day I walked to the town centre which is about 40 minutes away and before, during and after I was really tired. I don't know if it could be because I feel so low regardless of what I am doing?
Strangely, this isn't bothering me as much as other health worries I've had, maybe because deep down I know its the way I am feeling? But would like to know if anyone else feels this way?

cassy1989
29-08-13, 13:37
Hi, I'm 23 and I'm constantly tired! I do work and have a 7 year old to look after but even if I make sure I get early nights I always find it hard to get out of bed in the morning. And like you when I was younger I lived on barely any sleep and never felt tired! I think it is because being anxious makes our bodies tired. Were constantly on edge and it wears our bodies out! Xx

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Lol I'm not 23 I was 24 on the 12th how bad is that forgetting my age lol!

KeeKee
29-08-13, 13:43
Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Haha, I turn 25 next month and I am sure I will forget that for a little while.

I don't work at the moment but when I did I used to drag myself out of bed every morning and rush otherwise I'd be late (which I occasionally was).

cassy1989
29-08-13, 13:45
Lol I forget every year after my birthday that my age has changed! That's exactly what I'm like, if I have work early I have to rush because other wise I will be late! I love sleep so much. Maybe try going to sleep earlier? I went to sleep the other night at half 8 and woke up at 8 the next morning and I did feel pretty refreshed xx

KeeKee
29-08-13, 13:51
I love sleep so much too. My blanket is so cosy!
Hmm, I could try going to bed earlier. Wont do me any harm :-)
Just wait until we are in our 40's and forget our age by 10 years hehe.