PDA

View Full Version : Mild shock, scared of stroke :(

channie009
29-08-13, 14:33
Me and my brother just finished watching a film and he told me to unplug the xbox. I did and I jumped because of a moth suprised me while I was behind the tv. I must have accidentally touched the tv with my eyebrow line. I felt a tiny shock from the back of my tv and now i'm panicking that I might have a stroke.

I recently had a bad anxiety attack that i'm still recovering from so symptoms from that attack are still present (pressured, achy head) and that is making me worry even more.

I wanna check the symptoms for stroke so bad to calm my mind, but at the same time i'm scared that I'll panic about what the symptoms are :(

I don't know what to do..

Florance
29-08-13, 14:40
I wouldn't worry, you had a small shock which would in no way bring about a stroke, a stroke is a blood clot. I do understand your anxiety as I have HA myself. But please try not to panic about this. You will be fine.

nomorepanic
29-08-13, 14:41
You can't get a stroke this way - you are fine

emlica
29-08-13, 14:42
I'm not sure what symptoms you're having that are making you think you might have a stroke, to be honest! TVs often have a static electric buzz when you touch them, and it's completely harmless. Stroke symptoms aren't like what you've described at all!

channie009
29-08-13, 14:45
Thank you so much everyone <3
I would have been worrying all day if it weren't for you 3 :)