PDA

View Full Version : awaiting tests worried

anx mum
29-08-13, 21:15
3 of my ecgs have come back abnormal the cardio doc wants me to have 2 tests im so scared:weep:and anxious

nomorepanic
29-08-13, 21:34
You will be fine Bev

If they thought it was urgent you would be straight in there.

anx mum
30-08-13, 17:38
really not feeling great today:weep:seeing my therapist on Monday morning am think im worrying over these tests my symptoms are still present its horrible just want to be the person I was once

nomorepanic
30-08-13, 18:20
You can be that person but you have to work at it - it won't just happen overnight :hugs:

All this stress is not good for you either.

You do need to go back to basics with things and make sure you are eating well, exercising, doing relaxation etc

anx mum
31-08-13, 21:43
Im worried sick:weep: doc thinks I may have angina as I have some of the symptoms plus my ecgs were abnormal. Im so scared my chest arm and neck was hurting today so used some sort of spray its given me a headache. Will know for sure when my cardio appointment is

nomorepanic
31-08-13, 22:27
People live with angina - my uncle has it and I had scans 4 weeks to see if I have it - still waiting to hear back if I do or not.
It is called a GTN spray

anx mum
31-08-13, 22:37
are you too getting the symptoms Nicola?

Fishmanpa
31-08-13, 22:38
While it's not good news, it's not the worst either. If indeed you do have angina, it is treatable with drugs and healthy lifestyle changes.

Positive thoughts and prayers

nomorepanic
31-08-13, 22:38
Not now Bev but I was back in May so they sent me for a MIBI scan which I had 4 weeks ago.

not heard back yet but I only really get chest pain when I am stressed/anxious so I hope it is nothing more serious.

Did the GTN spray ease it at all?

anx mum
31-08-13, 22:44
Think it did yeah just waiting now for tests

nomorepanic
31-08-13, 22:57
Not sure what scans you are having apart from the echo. The one I had was a specific one for looking at the heart

anx mum
31-08-13, 23:12
not sure but didn't sound nice gotta go to stoke for it

nomorepanic
31-08-13, 23:19
Is it one done over 2 vists and involves eating fatty food?

chl_hobbs
01-09-13, 08:30
Ive been havin the same symptoms and saw a private cardio. My ecgs keep showing slight inverted t waves and im very very scared. He said he wanted a ct heart scan but i havent had appt for that yet. I was in hosp all last week with the pain and numbness on hands and feet. They did a stress treadmill ecg test and it was ok. Ecgs seemed ok they said even tho the inversions were on them :( i feel awful. Am so so exhausted and ache all over. I get a pounding fast heart rate tightening and pressure in upper chest short of breath... the nhs drs didnt think angina .... but my private cardio says he wants the heart scan. Im scared and confused. Im 30. The pain comes on randomly, more so when stressed sometimes on exertion and sometimes after food which to me says unstable angina. My troponin levels (heqrt damage enzyme) came back a tiny bit raised at 52 but the drs repeated the test 2 days later and it was normal... they said it was nothing. Im so upset. I get this daily and cant cope anymore. The nhs drs said they didnt need to do scan but to still have it with my private dr. Why would they say still have it? X

Em.ma
01-09-13, 10:48
My nan has angina. She's nearly 80 with it and still going strong. It's very treatable/something that can be controlled now a days

Magic
01-09-13, 10:49
anx mum,
Don't know if you live a good way from Stoke. It seems to that it is the main hospital for heart problems and treatments It is a new and very modern hospital. I live in Stoke.
They are vey good there.
Angina is very scary. I had tablets and spray which both cause head aches.
You will be able to keep it under control.
They may give you more tests, but don't be frightened about it.:hugs:

anx mum
01-09-13, 14:56
did u get palpertations aswell god im so scared used the spray yesterday and had a very bad headache but I think did help just waiting for appointment now my anxiety is sky high.:weep:

Magic
01-09-13, 15:11
anx mum, Yes I started with palpitations before the angina kicked in, but only when I was worked up about something or other.
Anxiety is the trouble, getting anxious makes it worse.
I hope you don't have to wait a long time for your appointment.
Just keep using spray even though it bring on headaches.
Are you on any other medication?

anx mum
01-09-13, 15:28
yeh quite a lot antidepressents, pregabalin,propanel. How did they find out you had it?

Magic
01-09-13, 15:51
Have pm you:flowers:

nomorepanic
01-09-13, 15:52
Did they say what scan you are getting?

I would say it was unlikely at your age to have angina but best to get it checked out.

lavender123
01-09-13, 21:41
hello everybody, wonder if you can help me, i suffer from anxiety and a fear of travelling away from home, i have been under a lot of stress lately, my mum died eight months ago, and i have troublw with my family, i started getting a pain in the middle of my chest and it sort of went upwards on the left hand side, my bowels have been playing up big time, i have ibs, i went to the doctor , who sent me to the clinic if a ecg, which she said looked normal but she would have to sed it off to be looked at , at the hospital, since then i seem to have a dry throat, and keep feeling there is something stuck, after i eat, i get a pain in the middle of my chest, and keep burping, i am bloated and feel full of wind, i get worried in case i have heart trouble, the doctor give me gaviscon, which helps, i have had this for about three weeks yesterday i felt a bit better as i hardly ate anything, tonight i haf pasta with some sauce and the pain was terrible, i am very unhappy at the moment with the family situation, and i wonder if my mums death and the stress is contributing to all this, i am always at the doctors and feel totally embarressed as i feel like a freak, at the moment i am on the waiting list for counselling. any suggestions would be apprciated. thanks :mad:

anx mum
01-09-13, 22:17
Hi im so sorry to hear about your mum my mum passed away 8 years ago suddenly. Like u I am getting pains in my chest worried sick always ay my gps. I would say your mums death is still very raw and anxiety is taking over at moment. :hugs:

anx mum
04-09-13, 21:51
Ive been getting bad chest pain for over a month now with other various pains my left arm my shoulder my back ive had a couple of abnormal results on ecg now ive gotta have an ecgo and a ct scan the waiting is causing my anxiety sky high:weep:

nomorepanic
04-09-13, 22:33
and stressing will make the anxiety 100 times worse which you know

anx mum
06-09-13, 16:06
Still awaiting two heart tests getting horrid pains and my anxiety has gone sky high im really scared. :weep:

skippy66
06-09-13, 16:17
Get something to distract you. This site can not provide adequate distraction for you as it keeps you focused on your symptoms.

If you feel you need to see a doctor then call them, but I've read your previous posts and you remind me of how I was a few years back. In which case this post, or any other post, is not going to do much for you.

nomorepanic
06-09-13, 16:24
Bev

You need to look after yourself as I keep saying and you keep ignoring lol

You need to be doing some relaxation and self-affirmations and some gentle exercise.

anx mum
07-09-13, 22:37
Hate feeling like this think I feel better when tests come through using gtn spray at moment.

maggielea
07-09-13, 23:31
what good are you doing to your self worrying over a ecg result these can be abnormal when your body has too much adrenalin ie panic feelings, a lot of your symptoms can be put down too anxiety and yes maybe there is a small problem if there was anything to worry about the doctors wouldn't leave you waiting so this is a good sign think positive the longer you wait the less there will be to worry about.

Maggie x

Fishmanpa
08-09-13, 00:20
I have to agree with many of the other posters. If it was indeed serious, you wouldn't be waiting for further tests.

I had an echocardiogram prior to seeing my cardiologist the last visit. I was a little worried as I had finished cancer treatment a couple of months prior. Chemo has a knack for causing cardiac issues. Her response was: "If something was wrong, you would be at the hospital by now".

Serious heart issues are attended to immediately. I've had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and most recently stents. You can believe me or choose not to, but what I say is fact.

Positive thoughts and prayers

anx mum
08-09-13, 21:46
Really don't know whats going on don't feel well in myself at all having physical symptoms chest pain which has gone on over a month now, ache in my left arm, pins and needles, and just lately a numbness under my left breast. My last ecgs have shown an abnormality so now im waiting for an echo and ct scan on heart in the mean time my anxiety is sky high:weep: im scared if this is angina how do I manage it?

Speranza
08-09-13, 21:49
You don't know what it is yet. When they talk to you, if there is anything to manage, you will cope. There are lots of people with minro heart conditions living perfectly normal lives. And in any case it may prove to be nothing at all to be concerned about. xxx

venusbluejeans
08-09-13, 22:29
I have merged all of your threads about this topic together, please could you post in this thread if you wish to add to this topic as it will make it a lot easier for people to follow your story and give you advice.

Brunette
09-09-13, 13:59
Anx mum: people try to reassure you; they give you personal anecdotes; they ask you what you're doing to help yourself relax, they make suggestions on things you can try to achieve that.

But you never listen to a word they say, you don't take a blind bit of notice, you just fire more questions at them.

I'm sorry to sound harsh but until you make some effort to hep yourself, your anxiety will never go away. I'm sure you don't want that so why don't you try to take some of the advice that these lovely, caring people have given you on board?