PDA

View Full Version : Derealisation- like sleep walking

Jenwales
30-08-13, 08:50
I havn't had it this bad since the first time I had it and didn't know what it was. It was like I was sleep walking, it's so weird. I get out of bed and notice that I'm walking, but then I sit down in the bathroom and I can't remember getting there.
I panic and hurry out of the bathroom and then when I'm lying back down again I don't know whether I sleep or not or if I even got out of bed.

I can't talk to anyone about this. It happened last night.

I thought my anxiety was getting better but I don't know. I just feel like I'm constantly anxious and it's mainly because of work. I work in a shop and when it's busy I get anxious and I've got three more busy days to go before I have a week off.

I'm concerned I can't cope and I'm not likely to find a new job soon. There's nothing I can do except force myself to go to work and hope I don't mess up.

Thanks for reading this. I know there's no solution I just need to get this off my chest.

Lissa101
30-08-13, 13:41
Hi Jen,

this has been my worst symptom throughout my struggle with anxiety (about a year now). No great advice apart from remember its not going to hurt you and will pass. Be kind to yourself, try and accept the feeling (tough I know) and do all the things which work for you in reducing your anxiety (exercise, good diet, meditation...?).

I've gone from having it 100% of the time for the first 6 months to only getting it the odd day or two. I've found acceptance has been by far the best way to get rid of it. I just think 'ok this is the way I feel today but I'm just going to get on with things and not dwell on it'. It took me a LONG time to get to that stage though.

x