PDA

View Full Version : Feeling panicky :-(

Hayley1982
30-08-13, 10:36
I'm feeling very panicky today keep going dizzy and it's scaring me x

noaalessi
30-08-13, 12:32
Try to calm down and take your mind off yourself. The more you scan yourself the worse it becomes.

Have a great day!

millielaura
30-08-13, 13:45
Hello,

I too find that when I'm feeling panicky I go dizzy, and vice versa. My problems with panic attacks started when I kept going dizzy all the time for no reason!

Col
30-08-13, 14:41
Hello,

I too find that when I'm feeling panicky I go dizzy, and vice versa. My problems with panic attacks started when I kept going dizzy all the time for no reason!

Yes I can relate and the vice versa scenario. SOOOO true. Migraines and visual disturbance also trigger my anxiety. I can feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. Bloody horrific.

Your not alone Hun , as suggested displacement activities work wonders.

millielaura
30-08-13, 14:43
Yeah, I get anxious from visual disturbance as well. And things like heartburn and indigestion really trigger me off!

Catherine84
30-08-13, 15:19
Hi Hayley,

I can completely relate on the dizziness front. I find that I hyperventilate a lot, and that triggers it - maybe you are doing the same? When my breathing returns to a normal pattern, it subsides. Know that it is just a sensation, it isn't dangerous and it will pass.

I echo the advice about distracting yourself. If you can immerse yourself in an activity enough, you should start to feel better (easier said than done I know!).

I hope you are feeling a bit better now. :hugs:

Catherine x

Seth86
30-08-13, 16:01
Most people do the wrong thing when feeling very anxious and go into a panic attack! When you feel dizzy you should go for a walk/jog or do a workout and try and be more active! I was making this mistake for years when i went into a panic attack i used to hold onto something close my eyes and try and calm myself down, it never worked and i just had to end up riding it through which was excruciating :weep: I found out it was just a build up of adrenaline in my body.