PDA

View Full Version : Is This Epilepsy or not?

lb76696
30-08-13, 15:50
For my whole life I've had this thing where I'll just suddenly sort of jerk. It usually happens once every couple of months. It's just like a sudden jerk, where my arms might move slightly e.t.c. Really hard to describe. Recently, over the last week or so, I've been getting like one a day or something. I was just hanging out the towels and suddenly did it. I'm worried it's going to launch into a full on seizure or something? Does it sound like it could, or does it sound like epilepsy? I saw my friend have something really similar once and she went 'What? Do you never get that?'. So, perhaps everyone gets it?

Thank You .
xxx.

JCRyanDenton
30-08-13, 16:10
I get that quite often. Lately i have been getting muscle jerks at the base of my neck, will tell you that got me worried it was heart related! If anyone else experiences that same thing please let me know.

But yeah, don't worry about it, it happens.

Brunette
30-08-13, 16:52
It doesn't sound like epilepsy at all - even small seizures are characterised by the sufferer momentarily "blanking out", not by muscle twitching.

semper solus
30-08-13, 17:21
I suffer from Epilepsy and have both full blown seizures (tonic clonic) and another type called a Partial Seizure this type of seizure you may have muscular jerks or strange sensations in one arm or leg. You may feel, hear, see, smell, or taste odd sensations. Some people develop pins and needles in one part of the body. However, you do not lose consciousness or awareness. A simple partial seizure usually lasts just a few seconds or minutes. For each individual, the same movement or sensation tends to recur each time a seizure occurs.

I'm not saying it is or isn't Epilepsy but if you are concerned I would recommend going to have a chat with your doctor.

fedup36
31-08-13, 18:59
Hi Sempur, not sure if you could help! I get numbness on my face when I'm tiered or stress... It's like. Tingling/numbness...does this sound like a partial seizure?? I'm so scared it would be as I get these weird dizzy zaps to!!

cassy1989
01-09-13, 01:22
Hi, you do need to see a dr. I'm not saying it is epilepsy but there is a possibility it could be. I work with people who have epilepsy and there are different types of seizure and you don't always lose conciousness! You will be ok either way but best to get it checked out xx

Fishmanpa
01-09-13, 01:55
It doesn't sound like epilepsy at all - even small seizures are characterised by the sufferer momentarily "blanking out", not by muscle twitching.

Absolutely, positively agree.

fedup36
02-09-13, 13:58
Ive seen a doctor and had an MRI no one once has suspected epilepsy but im so scared it is :(

Fishmanpa
02-09-13, 14:27
Ive seen a doctor and had an MRI no one once has suspected epilepsy but im so scared it is :(

Classic HA

fedup36
02-09-13, 14:29
Thanks for the honest response there... what I needed!!
Need to pull myself together really and get on with this.. my dizziness is so scary im just convinced its more than anxiety, especially as it occurs when I am not feeling 'anxious'