PDA

View Full Version : psychotherapist

Lindyl
30-08-13, 16:10
Has anyone seen a psychotherapist if so what exactly do they do i have an appointment with one on monday

nomorepanic
30-08-13, 17:42
Try this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99758

Annie0904
30-08-13, 18:28
I have and she was a great help in my recovery. I had 9 weeks of intense psychotherapy (1 hr each week)

Tessar
31-08-13, 22:00
Hi, I know that in the most part (as it describes on the other thread noted below) there will be lots of questions at the outset. Then, I suppose it sort of shapes from there. The therapist will listen to what you say and formulate a treatment plan. I recall when I first went to see a therapist, I didn't have a clue about how it would work and was apprehensive. I couldn't believe I'd ended up needing therapy either. But I will say it was a very rewarding experience and a real eye-opener about life to me. I grew as a person. I became more self-confident. I won't deny is was hard work but i dint regret any of the hard work. The results I got were life-changing. Best if luck and do let us know how you get on I am certain u r dong the right thing.

AuntieMoosie
01-09-13, 01:12
Yes I had 4 years of psychotherapy, 3 years one to one and the last year in a group.

My psychotherapist was absolutely lovely, she was so kind, caring and supportive to me throughout my treatment.

Believe me when I say that I was not the person that I am now way back then, and I put my therapist through hell, but she stuck by me through thick and thin.

Psychotherapy is a brilliant therapy and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It can be very intense and very emotionally draining at times but if you stick with it, you will reap the rewards :hugs:

Lindyl
01-09-13, 12:28
Thanks for all your replies will let you know how i get on