PDA

View Full Version : I feel no one listens.....

CardiffGirl
30-08-13, 19:47
I went to my doctor the other day for having some issues and feelings, I told him how I was feeling but he told me it's only a small amount of worry. He informed me I don't have anxiety but I feel like I do. I am suffering from tension headaches around right eye and not eating fully. The doctor took my temperature and it was high and claimed I was just coming down to a bug. How can I make him listen or make anyone listen? It's been this way for years now!

Col
30-08-13, 20:04
Idiot doctor - everyone has anxiety to some degree at some point in their life. It's more of a case of do you have anxiety disorder? Well, having certain thoughts or feelings for years can only boil down to a couple of things - you've got GAD OR your a hypochondriac/over sensitive type of person. U say it's been going on for ages and your a NMP member searching for support and advice SO you do/must, have some form of anxiety disorder!!! Also the not eating headache, typical of anxiety.

I wouldnt bother making him listen - id simply change GP.

Takecare :flowers:

CardiffGirl
30-08-13, 20:17
Thanks Col. My family do joke I am a total hypochondriac but what I am feeling is real to me. I can't make this up, it's gone on for a few years. I did tell my Mum who said no one else suffers but I know she loves me for being myself. I think next time I see my doctor I will write down everything, make sure I can talk about it fully and not feel let down

lifesfighter92
30-08-13, 21:17
Your family will never understand what you are going through , only the people who have suffered anxiety will ever understand , I realised this a long time ago. The thing is , there is a stigma attached to anxiety where the rest of the population thinks we are just mad , this is totally wrong. The facts are there that each anxiety suffer like yourself, I and the other brave individuals on this website have been born with something beyond our control but unlike many other illnesses it is hard to see an end to it. I am fortunate to have a very competent and understanding doctor, who touch wood I have not seen for a while, but is always there should I need to talk to him. But I find no greater comfort than talking to fellow sufferers like yourself and others on here , there are many ways I have been able to dampen down my anxiety over the last month or so but don't get me wrong , i still suffer 24/7 but like most sufferers of anxiety I just smile , put on a brave face and get on with my day , because until I get home and log on to this website there is no one for me to talk to who is worth talking to about anxiety , please feel free to inbox me i could help , m aged 21

Col
30-08-13, 22:46
Your family will never understand what you are going through , only the people who have suffered anxiety will ever understand , I realised this a long time ago. The thing is , there is a stigma attached to anxiety where the rest of the population thinks we are just mad , this is totally wrong. The facts are there that each anxiety suffer like yourself, I and the other brave individuals on this website have been born with something beyond our control but unlike many other illnesses it is hard to see an end to it. I am fortunate to have a very competent and understanding doctor, who touch wood I have not seen for a while, but is always there should I need to talk to him. But I find no greater comfort than talking to fellow sufferers like yourself and others on here , there are many ways I have been able to dampen down my anxiety over the last month or so but don't get me wrong , i still suffer 24/7 but like most sufferers of anxiety I just smile , put on a brave face and get on with my day , because until I get home and log on to this website there is no one for me to talk to who is worth talking to about anxiety , please feel free to inbox me i could help , m aged 21

That's sooo damn true but very sad when professionals who are supposed to be beakons of help/advice/support - more or less laugh in your face or make you feel like a complete worthless, mad idiot!!! Many individuals take a doctors viewpoint as absolute ....... And 100% correct. Doctors are human and they do sometimes get it wrong and people need to see them as people as opposed to upperclass academics who know everything.:winks:

lifesfighter92
30-08-13, 22:59
That's true Col , for 90% of cases , like I said im fortunate with my doctor but most of the comfort I get is from to talking to guys like yourself and other sufferers of anxiety , the part I hate the most is the fatigue , it is at its worst when I have had a particular stressful time , non of my family know I have anxiety sometimes think of how they wold feel if they knew what I put up with , it really upsets me , we are amongst the bravest of all Col m let nobody take that away from you

lipsybird
31-08-13, 00:02

I am pleased to hear someone else say the same thing as how I feel, but I getting that way were now I cant talk to my own family or friends or even my boyfriend about anything, iv been keeping it all to myself, and now my mood swings have gone really bad because of the stress im getting, im taking things out on over people and feel like im the one whos hurting when really im hurting overs, but when I try to talk to people like everyone else feels... its just like they don't listen or understand anything I say... all you get back is... you got mental problems or your soft or grow up... but its not as easy as people think... just wish they could understand me more and understand anxiety more but ... I carry on everyday and put through it on my own , f 22

CardiffGirl
01-09-13, 08:11
Thanks for all the posts :) I told my cousin about my feelings and she said join the club. She suffers from Anxiety too, she told me to go back to the doctors and make him listen. If I don't I will be unsure forever. She could tell something wasn't right for me, it was lovely for her to sit there and listen as I went off on one. Like Lifesfighter92, she said get up every morning and smile. Don't let it get me down anymore but I also need help with it too. Be open and honest and make sure my doctor will listen to me