PDA

View Full Version : Heightened constate of anxiety -

Karenaustin
31-08-13, 17:55
I'm very very anxious for many reasons . This came 2 days ago and now I just can't come down to speak. I'm nervous,on edge, tired. Will this ever go away. Been on Prozac for 3 weeks why suddenly an I worse and why won't the constant anxiety go away

inCOGnito
31-08-13, 23:24
It will recede eventually. Do your best to try and relax your body and mind.

Karenaustin
31-08-13, 23:40
Thankyou but it's the relaxing bit that I can't do .

inCOGnito
01-09-13, 08:31
you can relax, its not impossible. your body is on 'alert' mode and is prepared accordingly. so it takes a little longer to settle. give your mind permission to relax. Try mindfulness or yoga or progressive relaxation to h elp settle.

cokesmyth5
01-09-13, 08:41
You could always speak to your GP about the constant nature of the anxiety - there are meds you can take until the other stuff starts to work. I know how awful the constant anxiety is - have you had a look at the articles on this site about first steps and coping. I found them reassuring.
It will pass but good to consider ways to help you right now.
Take care

Eyji1
01-09-13, 11:47
When I was first dealing with so much anxiety I found that the only way to calm down was deep breathing. I'd sit down in a comfortable spot, let my head hang and breathe as deep and slow as I could. At first I had to do this for a whole hour to let my heart slow down to a normal pace. But as time went by it took me shorter and shorter times.

Now I only need to take 2 - 10 deep breaths and my body calms down.

It's all a matter of practice. Hope this helps.

Karenaustin
01-09-13, 15:47
Thankyou. I will try this. Didn't realise it could take so long to calm down .

inCOGnito
01-09-13, 15:50
Thankyou. I will try this. Didn't realise it could take so long to calm down .

it's proportionate to the degree of chronic tension and willingness to let go