PDA

View Full Version : Sensations that are normal during exercise

JCRyanDenton
31-08-13, 22:39
Today i went to this Gym and met a nice instructor, she warmed me up without over exerting myself. However i always feel uncomfortable with my back shoulders at the moment when i over exert myself.

Is there any symptoms that should be noticed that are normal with over exerting yourself?

Eyji1
31-08-13, 23:47
"uncomfortable". Could you be a little more specific?

JCRyanDenton
31-08-13, 23:57
Just feel kinda tight and tense. Nothing too painful and goes if i rest.

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:49 ----------

Oh, and this is only when running. Other exercises don't do this.

tellheraboutit
01-09-13, 01:56
You didn't warm up your shoulders properly, your shoulders are made up of muscles called deltoids and they are on the front, side and back.
Nobody is the same when it comes to exercise, if you need extra work on your shoulders, let her know, she can't read your mind and you will end up worse off.

spacebunnyx
01-09-13, 07:42
Thumping heart, shortness of breath, dizziness, heavy feeling in legs and body, muscle weakness... the list goes on...

Eyji1
01-09-13, 11:43
I'm quite sure this will pass with time.

Every time I go out for a run my diaphragm tightens up like all hell and I cant breathe deep enough. Slowly but surely though this gets a little better every time and will end up being all right.

JCRyanDenton
01-09-13, 13:53
I had some gentle exercise today for around half an hour. At one point i did start to feel quite tired after 10 minutes of fast walking on a running machine along with a spasm/thud sensation right under my chin (is this most likely a muscle or circulation?!), but i didn't experience any major symptoms of any kind.

Eyji1
01-09-13, 20:25
When people start to exercise after a long period of no physical activity they feel a lot of weird things. This is because the body is not used to the stresses that the activity is demanding of the body.

Over time this will pass and the body will get used to the increasing demands that the exercise puts on the persons muscles and cardio system.

Hope you'll feel better soon friend.

JCRyanDenton
01-09-13, 20:35
When people start to exercise after a long period of no physical activity they feel a lot of weird things. This is because the body is not used to the stresses that the activity is demanding of the body.

Over time this will pass and the body will get used to the increasing demands that the exercise puts on the persons muscles and cardio system.

Hope you'll feel better soon friend.

Its understandable. Going to try and space it out and make sure i don't over exert myself until i am more in shape.

Eyji1
01-09-13, 21:56
Its understandable. Going to try and space it out and make sure i don't over exert myself until i am more in shape.

Yes. Please be careful. Over exertion can be a really bad thing. The best advice a person that is starting or re-starting a work out routine can get is "Go slow"

We have a saying here in Iceland that goes "Góðir hlutir gerast hægt." Which would translate to something like "Good things take their time."

Again. Best of luck to you, and hope you get better soon.