PDA

View Full Version : White in the middle of tongue

rainwinder
01-09-13, 09:12
Hi everyone I am glad that I found this forum.
Sorry for my bad English!
I have search the forum for tongue and did not seem to have the situation like me, so I created this post.
I am 24 years old, I have been worried about my tongue being white in the middle area of it.
Ya just like most people I google for tongue and found that normal people do not have white color in the middle of tongue.
Normally when touch the tongue it should feel soft and smooth, however when I touch the white area it feels rough, not a smooth surface.
I do not smoke and no alcohol.
So anyone advice its normal or not?
I have attached two photos of my tongue and hope it helps.
Thanks!

poppy1
01-09-13, 09:40
I've got the same it's a geographical tongue named as its rough and got grooves. My tongue stings if I eat too much acidic foods.

anthrokid
01-09-13, 11:29
Hey,

I also have white in the middle of my tongue, and it is bumpy and rough too. It has always been this way :)

If this is new for you, check with the doctor as it may just be that your tongue is irritated or that you have a virus (sometimes when people are sick they get white on their tongue). But it could just be normal for you :) I know it is normal for me!

rainwinder
02-09-13, 13:35
Hmm, its actually not a new issue I think, but I am just not aware of it in the past time.
So I would probably keep checking on it..

Eyji1
02-09-13, 13:47
Does not look serious in any way to me.