PDA

View Full Version : Vivid dreams side affect

Darren1
01-09-13, 10:05
I'm having a lot of vivid dreams now which i can remember very well when i wake up.

I've been having dreams of people from my past and present all mixed together - the dreams also seem to last a long time.

Last night i dreamed I was at a concert with some old and new friends, and the dream literally lasted the whole concert, toilet breaks included! Gross but i even remember exactly what the toilet looked like!!

Anyone else have this?

BIGMEANPOSSUM
01-09-13, 10:21
Yes, and I may be weird, but I love it. It's like I'm starring in a movie every night, most of the time if I don't like the dream I can wake myself up. I've always loved dreaming and this med makes them much more vivid.

anthrokid
01-09-13, 10:45
This is actually a really common side-effect seen in SSRIs, particularly fluoxetine. They do list 'abnormal dreams' as a rare side effect of fluoxetine, but in my experience an increase in dreaming activity is quite common for a lot of patients. If the dreams aren't causing you any stress or anxiety then it isn't too much to worry about :)

Darren1
13-09-13, 15:56
the dreams the last few nights have been quite upsetting and very vivid :(

Overbeinganxsty
18-09-13, 11:48
:( I have been having more frequent and vivid dreams but just random things not upsetting.