PDA

View Full Version : panic came back and i had a question

chard22
23-10-06, 02:14
hi everyone,
im sorry i havent posted in a while to help anyone or to post, frankly because i forgot about NMP, and to say the least i have forgotten about my PA's. i havent had one in over 2 months, and i havent had anxiety. but whenever i smoked pot, i would start to panic, i stopped pot, and yesterday i smoked pot again, then out of nowhere BAM, full blown panic attack. im completly done smoking pot now that ive learned my lesson. but i was wondering if anyone knew if it was the pot that makes me have PA's or if it the mentality of smoking pot that makes me begin to panic? ne answers would be great, and i hope everyone is doing alright.

richard

richard

Lynnann
23-10-06, 02:28
Never tried pot, have panic anyway,

worse when I drink, suppose that is similar

Lynnann

tammye72
23-10-06, 04:13
I used to smoke pot years ago. I would get stoned and then have a panic attack. I thought it was the pot, so I gave it up. Then I started having them while sober. I went to a doctor and she said pot can be a trigger for panic attacks. Good luck. I hope you're feeling better soon.

http://www.livedtotell.com

Phill2
23-10-06, 05:20
Pot is what started me on this road when I got stoned for the first and only time about 30 yrs ago
I definately would stay away from it
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Hexia
23-10-06, 05:33
Pot can definitely be a trigger.
I had this client that developed anxiety from smoking pot and this is what the nurse at the psychiatric ward told me:
In our sane mind we have to block out things that we cannot handle. When you smoke pot, you take in any stimulus from the outside. Some people are not able to "shut the door" again after having smoked the pot.
So indeed, stay away from it. Every time you smoke it, you will make your panic worse.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

chard22
23-10-06, 06:43
hey thank you all for teling me this, i figured that if i only have PA's when i get high, then the pot must be a trigger, because other then that i feel pretty good.

richard