PDA

View Full Version : Mad dreams

spiritofnow
23-10-06, 04:04
God! I am finding my way around here so not sure if this is correct? what the hell :-)
I have been in a relationship for 18months now and it has really opened my eyes to how bad my dreams really are. Apparently, I make weird noises throughout the night! I also put my hands over my ears whilst saying 'oh no' and stroke my head alot- which must be for comfort. I am keeping my partner awake and I also feel tired alot! I have always seemed to have really lucid dreams and mostly of a threateninig nature. My life is always in jeopardy - is this part of PTSD? I love it when I go to sleep and don't remember - it can be soo exhausting! [8)]

freeyourspirit

yorkylover
23-10-06, 13:11
Hi Iv been having alot of dreams lately and restless sleep,waking up really shattered.Im not sure if its anxiety or my meds.I know I just feel tired the next day.:(

Ellen XX

spiritofnow
23-10-06, 17:16
I guess our dreams are another way of our body reacting to whatever it is that we carry inside of us. It is a reflection on how we are feeling-(restless). I know I would just love to go to sleep and have what I call 'haapy sleeps', but untill I listen that won't happen. It does seem silly expecting our mind and body to be seperate! Maybe it is time to listen to our inner voice and then we will sleep in peace?
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Iv been having alot of dreams lately and restless sleep,waking up really shattered.Im not sure if its anxiety or my meds.I know I just feel tired the next day.:(

Ellen XX

<div align="right">Originally posted by ELLEN - 23 October 2006 : 13:11:33</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

freeyourspirit

kimmy
24-10-06, 22:11
have you tried relaxation techniques? warm milk, meditation etc before bed, it seems daft but it worked for me xxxxxxxx

spiritofnow
24-10-06, 23:04
Hi Kimmy :D

Thanks for that! Yeah I read on here that milk has properties in in that aid sleep - I now have shares in dairy milk industries LOL! My patrner even has a cup of hot milk wiht me before bed.
I have just downloaded some relaxation c.d's from a site that again was posted on here :-)
I think I have just got to put it all into a good routine that I follow. I have also started putting a few drops of lavender oil inside my pillowcase. Also a nice bath with radox in it1 God all of that has got to have some impact - eh?
Thnakyou for our reply x

freeyourspirit

kimmy
25-10-06, 22:14
your welcome hun, learning to relax is essential for everybody not just anxious people. The first time I did it, i felt sick it was a sensation i hadnt experienced before, then i put it into my life when i could. It worked so much, i am virtually free now of the panics, I just have anxiety sometimes xxxxxxx

Insomniac
26-10-06, 09:23
Mad Dreams!!! I know what you mean.

I thought mine were caused by meds. I have the most vivid dreams which feel like they are very long, not the usual short ones. And I do wake up very tired. But they're not always bad.

I have a drink of warm milk before bed and lavendar on my pillow. I also have a relaxation tape. I don't often have trouble getting to sleep, its just staying there that's the problem. My hubby (who sleeps through anything) says I was making noises in my sleep the other night, when I woke I thought I had screamed because I was trying to scream in my dream, but didn't have enough breath. So you're certainly not alone. :) But I do sometimes feel more tired in the morning than I was at night! Maybe its the adrenaline too?

Lisa.

Lisa.