PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding the soaps, anyone else?

panicperson
01-09-13, 22:06
Hey, is anyone else avoiding watching corrination street due to the 'Hayley pancreatic cancer' story?
I watch it and think; she have no symptoms, she looks so well???
Makes me panic.
I now avoid watching as know its only going to get worse :-(

MRS STRESS ED
01-09-13, 22:18
I hate watching certain things myself ,my therapist says I shouldn't avoid them ,but its hard because I know were your coming from it plays on your mind:doh: then I imagine symptoms

panicperson
01-09-13, 22:36
Yeah I was told that avoiding it makes it worse in the long run :-/
Can't wait for the story line to finish

Kim51
02-09-13, 08:34
Hey, is anyone else avoiding watching corrination street due to the 'Hayley pancreatic cancer' story?
I watch it and think; she have no symptoms, she looks so well???
Makes me panic.
I now avoid watching as know its only going to get worse :-(
I know it must be awful for you HA suffers but "she looks so well" as it is fiction it is a make believe story try to remember what is real and what is not. :)

manx_kitty
02-09-13, 08:39
I decided to watch Corrie last night,big mistake......I just sat there bawling my eyes out but then the X Factor cheered me up a bit after that :)

dawnieb12
02-09-13, 10:45
I can't watch corrie emmerdale or hollyoaks at the moment because of the cancer storylines.. I start convincing myself I could have it and end up feeling really ill and panickin really bad...I thought I was the only who was like this I'm glad I'm not alone thanks for posting this topic :)

almamatters
02-09-13, 17:51
I am watching Eastenders but there is no way I could watch Coronation Street, I read the upcoming story line about Hayley in a magazine and knew I would have to avoid it.

dawnieb12
02-09-13, 18:47
I think what makes it worse is she looks so healthy and wasn't even sick it was just a random check up that discovered it :huh:

unsure_about_this
02-09-13, 19:16
I don't watch the soaps either, I caught the back end of the Coronation when Hayley was first told about having pancreatic cancer. As for the other soap storylines I hold my hands up and went to found about more about the storylines which cancers are being featured.

dawnieb12
02-09-13, 19:20
What frightens me is they seem to be able to find a cure for anything but yet still haven't found one for cancer

panicperson
02-09-13, 20:44
I know, it's not good is it.
My husband is watching it and I'm trying to avoid it! I'm sat thinking about my lumps bumps aches and pains!!