PDA

View Full Version : Hi, need a little help

lorandian
02-09-13, 08:22
Hiya, I have been here before and am looking for someone who can help or relate to my symptoms.
For as long as I can remember I have had this weird thing, I wake early, about 04.00 with tingling in my bottom and the most awful feeling in my stomach that I can only describe as fear, I shake and am hot and cold, I find just functioning my normal life so hard, I have to have time off of work which is becoming really difficult, this lasts for about a week and then stops as suddenly as it started, I can't eat as I feel so sick. when I was younger I had these about three times a year but find as I get older they are getting more frequent, I have tried all sorts of meds but nothing seems to work, anybody else know what I am experiencing? It would so help to know that I am not alone.

jonathan1985
02-09-13, 12:44
hi welcome back to NMP :) I wake at early hours of morning to with symptoms of anxiety on a regular basis,also feel sick some days and struggle to eat,i know my symptoms aren't exactly the same as yours but similar,hope you find the help you need here :)

badasafish
02-09-13, 13:04
My anxiety also always manifests itself as a horrible knot feeling in my stomach and feeling nauseous. I find this really debilitating as you just can't function when you feel horrifically sick, and when you struggle to eat you quickly lose weight and energy.

I'm just getting over the worst of my most recent bout, lost about a stone in 2 weeks. Back to being able to eat at the moment, but not a lot and you never feel hungry just have to force yourself to eat.

Spencer80
02-09-13, 17:06
Hi there,

Your nausea/sickness sounds just like what I am currently experiencing, I agree its pretty horrid and robs you of your appetite. However I find if I force my self to eat it does recede a little. Tonic water also sometimes settles the stomach, try combining this with bananas or other fruit as this also provides nutrients. Keeping yourself fed is key to having the strength to fight off the feelings.

Hope this helps and good luck.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Are you currently on meds, as I'm on citalopram and the nausea is a common side effect and usually passes, but can sometimes return.