PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work from home? How do you motivate yourself?

Lissa101
02-09-13, 10:55
Just want comments on the title question really. I have to work from home at the moment and having an off day. Feeling weak and dizzy. Normally I would go for a long walk or do something else to get out of the house but I have a ton of work to get through so its not an option. Really finding it hard to sit down and concentrate :( x

littlemisschatterbox
02-09-13, 10:59
Hi there, I work from home too, I have to be very disciplined or time wanders away from me, I find I have to have set times to have a little break, have a drink, and snack.. if you aren't used to it and aren't feeling 100% it can be tricky, so dont be too tough on yourself, try and sit for an hour, then take a break xx

Lissa101
02-09-13, 16:27
Thanks for your reply Little Miss. I admire your self discipline, I find it really hard! If you don't want to get out of bed in the morning because you're having a 'can't face the world' day then there's nothing to stop you sleeping late which I'm doing nearly every day. Luckily this is a temporary situation until my boyfriend gets home from America (I'm looking after the dog). Nxt week I won't have a choice but to get up and out the door! x

mikewales
02-09-13, 17:20
I kind of find the opposite, when I am working from home I am always at work, so need to make sure I set myself a definite stop time to get away from it