PDA

View Full Version : being *forced* to leave the house....

littlemisschatterbox
02-09-13, 11:49
Hi all..

I work from home, so its not unheard of for me to stay in my home for weeks at a time. Im aware this fuels and maintains my anxiety and depression, a friend has decided he is picking me up Wednesday and taking me out for lunch, im not worrying about it yet but by tmro night ill be in a state. Don't even know why I'm writing this, maybe its to acknowledge to myself I neeeeed to do something about what fuels my depression, but doing it is another matter and at the moment I really resent said friend.:unsure:

L x

Speranza
02-09-13, 12:41
Have a look at the last couple of pages of My Scary Sectioning Experience... Steve has been terrified and finally got out and did really well... We can do it!

badasafish
02-09-13, 13:13
I know what you are feeling, and I'm the worst person for embracing the hiding / avoiding coping technique. But from my experience even though it is really scary to do things when you feel awful, it's always been beneficial for me to force myself to do things.

I felt absolutely terrible the other day and didn't want to do anything except hide from the world in my bed, but when you can't sleep it offers no respite. Therefore I made myself go and visit my best friend and his family and I had a really nice time and it was good to talk to him and hear that I have his support.