PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about my symptoms

sportygirl
02-09-13, 11:59
Hi everyone!
I am 19 years old and have recently been experiencing strange symptoms which doctors have diagnosed as anxiety but I feel that I am a little in denial. I am not a panicky person and do not experience social anxiety or anything like that. I feel that I am getting all of the physical symptoms of anxiety but no other symptoms such as worry. A big symptom I am having is twitching and spasms of the muscles and was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this? I am not currently on any medication for anxiety and I do a lot of sport and I don't want this to affect it. I feel like I haven't really got anyone to talk to about this and would really love some reassurance as I want to be able to prevent this and carry on with my life.
Thank you any help/comments are appreciated!

Eyji1
02-09-13, 12:07
Muscle twitching isn't unheard of with people who do a lot of sports. It's quite common. You might need more salt in your body. Maybe calcium or magnesium.

sportygirl
02-09-13, 12:38
Thanks for your reply Eyji1 do you know if muscle twitches because of anxiety can have a detrimental effect on sports performance ? I feel like it's a vicious cycle, the more twitches I'm getting, the more I'm concerned about their effect on my sport.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

I was also diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 12 and didn't know whether these twitches could be something to do with that