PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to do

susie
02-09-13, 12:06
up until dec I had been on seroxat for 13 years for bad anxiety ,I know its had some bad press but this drug changed my life so much for the better .in December I had a brain abcess and had major brain surgry I was in hospital for 2 months.while I was in hospital they stoped my seroxat I have had very bad insomnia for 3 months I wake up having panic attacks and all day my anxiety is awfull .im seeing my gp this afternoon and im so tempted to ask to go back on a low dose of seroxat

vetran32
04-09-13, 17:46
Hi Suzie sorry to hear about your recent health issues i was on seroxat 13 years stopped it 18 months ago been hell ever since even lost my job because i felt so bad im considering going back on it felt like ive lost my mind since stoping seroxat anxiety much worse than ive ever had hope it works again for me :)

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Did they just stop it without cutting down? what dose were you on ?

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

forgot to say ive had allfull insomnia since stopping never had insomnia in my life before coming off seroxat

susie
06-09-13, 13:06
hi I was rushed into hospital for my surgry and they put me on lots of drugs but stoped my seroxat without cutting it down iwas on 30mg,sleeping is really bad how are you feeling now

Darbysa
06-09-13, 14:35
Hi susie
I just replied to your other post.

Veteran
I'm also a long term seroxat user. Been happy on 10mg for a couple of years but had a bad time lately so gone back up to 20. You've done well to stay off for 18 months but don't beat yourself up if you have to go back on. How did you come off? Was it a slow taper? When I'm well I am always considering cutting down but I did it once before and like you I had a really bad time once I'd been off them totally for a couple of months and ended up back on them. It would be easy to say I wish I'd never started them but they have made things so much better. I was a wreck a few years ago.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Sal

vetran32
07-09-13, 13:59
Hi darbysa how long have you taken them im considering going back on but some people say they dont work after a long time off ;0)

Darbysa
08-09-13, 09:05
Hi veteran
I've been on them about 8 years in all. Cut down from 20 to 10 and once stopped them for a couple of months but that was a few years ago. I am struggling a bit now so starting to wonder if they are not as effective for me anymore. Not sure what I'd do in your case. I understand how bad you feel.
Sal