PDA

View Full Version : sertraline and alcohol

mazzatazza
23-10-06, 08:49
i am on 100mg sertraline can you have alcohol whilst on them and is there anyone else on sertraline and is drinking alcohol and how do you feel the morning after some info and advice would be great :D

mrs m bevis

yorkylover
23-10-06, 15:01
Hi as far as I know your not supposed to drink on antidepressants,and other similar meds.It stops them working properly,and can make you feel worse.Others may not agree with me.
Take care

Ellen XX

Two heads
23-10-06, 17:45
I think one all two wont hurt so have a little and see how you react!
Im on citalopram and have worked my way up on the alcohol slowly.At the moment i drink about three glasses of wine 4times a week and feel great!(touchwood)
Yet my sis doesnt like drinking with these meds,so we are all different.I just find that the alcohol affects you quicker and when drinking wine i get tired quicker.
When i go out i tend to drink barcardi breezer as its a long drink and i dont get sleepy when im out.
I hope this helpsxx

Allie
02-11-06, 19:53
Hi there!

Since beginning taking sertraline i've switched to bitter shandy so i still get the benefit of the taste of beer, without potentially making myself ill in the process!

I would advise that drinking on meds is a bad idea.

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber