PDA

View Full Version : Mark Is Home Sick - I'm Up The Walls! Help

Edward_1980
02-09-13, 14:59
I'm in a terrible state. My head is buzzing and racing 90mph.

I was feeling emotional yesterday after my visit with my Dad and a little anxious this morning and then came the call from Mark that he is after coming down with the flu and is coming home.

I'm in an awful way:

Making soup
Making him coffee
Making him comfortable
Worrying I'm annoying him
What will I do if he needs to be hospitalized?
Giving him pain relief every four hours.

I just can't slow myself or my head down and I'm about to have an attack.

nomorepanic
02-09-13, 15:10
Oh no not the dreaded man flu Edd :whistles::winks:

Edward_1980
02-09-13, 15:27
Oh no not the dreaded man flu Edd :whistles::winks:

I know what you're thinking Nicola - Man/Flu/Drama

This is about my welbeing. Why poke fun at my state of mind?

nomorepanic
02-09-13, 15:33
Edd you know me well enough by now to know that I was only joking to lighten the mood.

Sorry.

Edward_1980
02-09-13, 15:35
I know you were Nic. I apologize. I didn't mean anything,m but I am really up the walls, and yes, Mark looks like it's the end of the world happening :D :hugs:

nomorepanic
02-09-13, 15:40
It is fine Edd :hugs:

He will be ok, just make sure he has plenty of fluids and TLC.

Edward_1980
02-09-13, 15:58
It is fine Edd :hugs:

He will be ok, just make sure he has plenty of fluids and TLC.

I will, thanks Nic Xxx:hugs:

Annie0904
02-09-13, 20:04
I hope Mark gets well soon Edward, like Nicola said, plenty of fluids and maybe so me paracetamol :hugs:

MRS STRESS ED
02-09-13, 20:08
sending you both a :bighug1:

Col
02-09-13, 22:48
Ed really feel for you right now, I'm sure mark will be ok, it's probably all the anxiety from your dad visit that's making you feel that little bit more wound up. Get a DVD and Cosy up, u both need rest at the minute.
X

nicola1980
03-09-13, 01:21
Hi Edward, i hope mark is feeling better, i always panic if my husbands ill it drives him up the wall me fussing round him but i can't help it, Im sure mark appreciates the tlc your giving him, its not nice seeing someone you love not well and you can't make them better, hope your anxiety has lessened but sounds like your doing a great job looking after him x x

Edward_1980
03-09-13, 04:56
Oh guys. I'm up since 3am bringing him water, wiping him of sweat and giving pain relief. He's burning up and I'm stressed to the core with Anxiety.

bernie1977
03-09-13, 10:51
Sorry to hear Mark's ill Edward. As others have said rest, fluids and paracetomol for his temperature are the best way to go.

As you suffer with panic disorder it is natural that this will cause you great anxiety. Try and break it down in your head and rationalise the situation. He will get better soon and your routine will return to normal. Also try and get some rest yourself when Mark sleeps as tiredness is no good for anxiety.

Kim51
03-09-13, 11:11
You sound like you are doing a wonderful job Edward and good you can support Mark when he needs you, you are a very lucky couple to have each other.
Take care Kim xxx:bighug1:

Edward_1980
03-09-13, 11:42
Thanks guys.

I've been to the chemist. I bought 4-Flu yesterday and it made his hears race (Mark has GAD) so he's now resting up on the couch with water and paracetamol.

You are all wonderful:hugs: