PDA

View Full Version : I dunno what's wrong with me (Some TMI)

channie009
02-09-13, 16:08
I really feel like something is wrong with me, especially my digestive system. I had severe anxiety last week and I have finally recovered. The only thing still continuing is a new fear that something is wrong with my stomach/bowel that has continued.

During the severe anxiety of last week I barely ate and had a very low appetite. As my appetite has come back, i've for some reason had a hard time eating and get anxiety after eating because I think something is wrong with my stomach. I wake up with a bloated upper abdomen everyday, I don't relieve myself as much as I use to and when I do, there is a lot of strain. I get that under rib, left side discomfort all the time now when I sit. Yesterday I noticed part of my lip going bluish/purple and today my bottom lip seems much fuller than usual and the blueish/purple is still there. Usually my lips go very pale but today they're really red (I read lip changes mean something is wrong with your stomach). Also my eyes seem more sensitive than normal...

I really don't know if something is wrong.
Can anyone help? :shrug:

Annie0904
02-09-13, 19:09
Anxiety has a major effect on the digestive system and it is probably anxiety related. If you are concerned though, I would see your GP as he is the only one who can really diagnose you.

Jenwales
02-09-13, 19:17
I think you're anxiety is making you worry that you have a health issue. I've had this, I went to A&E once sure my legs were numb and it was just anxiety (embarassing).
It's normal to lose your appertite and have digestive issues when you have anxiety. I have days where I'm constipated and I had a week once where I had cramps on and off and didn't feel well at all but I wasn't ill!

Distract yourself from these worries. Just tell yourself that it's just your anxiety.
If you need to see a gp then do so but once that's done and you're fine you have to just let yourself think the worries and not let them bug you.
E.g. no looking up symptoms etc on goggle

purgatory
02-09-13, 19:21
Yes what Annie had said is so correct digestive problems and anxiety go hand in hand.
Most common is IBS and also trapped wind both of which will lead to bloating

Both seem to be intermittent at the best of times.. and can only be mild.

But if you do have any concerns the doctors is the best place and they will put your mind at ease.