PDA

View Full Version : Ear and neck pain

bashley
02-09-13, 18:26
Hi i have awful anxiety and i am going through a lot at the moment. But i have had really bad ear pains and my neck aches. I ve been to doctor she said i have no infection all looks ok, but will send me to an ENT just to check. I recently went to Boots for a hearing test as i cannot hear in my left ear. She checked my ears and said a hearing aid would help. But in conversation she mentioned hearing loss can be caused by a tumour now i'm worrying. Can anxiety cause headaches, neck ache and ear ache?

Annie0904
02-09-13, 18:33
Yes anxiety can cause all these aches. Last year I was suffering terrible with my ears, headaches and neck pain and it was all due to tension from anxiety. It is good that your doctor has checked and can't see any signs of infection. Also good that you have been referred to ENT as this will reassure you that it is nothing serious. If your doctor had thought it was serious you would have been referred much quicker.

bashley
02-09-13, 18:53
The doctor got the receptionist to draft a letter while i was there hope this does not mean anything bad!

Annie0904
02-09-13, 18:56
They always get the receptionist to do the letter straight away. It is normal procedure. I would have been more worried if the doctor had phoned the consultant.

bashley
02-09-13, 19:44
Aw thanks Annie i was worrying, im so bad with health anxiety and i havd to have a major operation in a few weeks so my anxiety is through the roof

Annie0904
02-09-13, 20:01
I hope your operation goes well...trust your doctors they really do know what they are doing :)