PDA

View Full Version : can i take these away

feasible
02-09-13, 19:37
hi just wondering something

I take 40mg proponolol upto 3x a day but only dare take 1

I take 15mg lansoprazole a day

I take 15mg mertazapine for 3months but after the doctor told me to reduce for 2 weeks and take citalpram i realised that 2 weeks was not long enough as i had awful withdrawel..another story...but i decided to taper slowly on 7.5mg a day until i see the dr.

anyway about proponolol

after feeling many things like bad stomache and wooshy wooshy feelings like people are talking but sound strange etc..really hard to explain... im starting to wonder if my side effects are proponolol based being mixed in my system with the other drugs...
ive taken them for about 5 years and always felt uneasy on them...my previous dr put me on them with fluoxatine. what i need to do is find out if my side effects improve on mirt if i stop prop as i can now eat and sleep...but i read that stopping proponolol can cause major problems even death???? i wondered if anyone has any experience on stopping these after so long and how they did it,,,thank you in advance and hope your all doing ok atm oh its the fast acting ones not slow release im guessing that means im not on them 24/7 in my system once the efect wears off?

honeyp1e
04-09-13, 21:34
Am just wondering if propranolol can cause with drawer symptoms?? Am on 40mg citalopram as well but haven't taken my propranolol in over a week (just took one now) but past week haven't taken it and been feeling real crappy and so so tired am just wondering if it is the withdrawel symptoms making me feel crappy from not taking them

feasible
06-09-13, 14:02
i heard you can get withdrawel as they slow your heart rate down and therefore reduce the physical side of anxiety... withdrawel usually involves a faster heartbeat and sweating etc but im not sure how long that lasts.... are you on the short acting ones or slow release,,, i know we are not supposed to just stop taking the slow release ones but if your on the same as me the short acting ones im not so sure,,, thats why i posted to see if anyone abrubtly stopped the short acting ones... my thoughts are if they are short acting and i take one a day then the most ill be benefitting is 6 hours so would that mean i can just stop or does some build up and sort of still work... everything i read says dont stop taking them but never a reference to the slow release or the short release and some people only take them before a situation..but i was told by one dr to take as i needed and another said take at least one a day.ive taken one a day for years now so my fear is that if i stop ill suffer...ill have a word with my chemist next time i go and post any advice they give on this thread :-)