PDA

View Full Version : Feeling extremely lonely tonight!

Kez_miller
03-09-13, 01:46
Well not just tonight but recently! I honestly thought I'd over come my anxiety and depression without any medication. But it seems its back again. My grandfather as been diagnosed with cancer, my grandmother seems to be developing dementia and is constantly being abusive with me calling me fat, ugly and worthless to anyone and that no one wants me! I have lost my home, my finance of 6 years seems to be growing apart from me daily even though she assures me she isn't it feels like it. My father who is in prison and has never bothered with me is now trying to contact me and I'm being told I'm selfish for no listening to him (after 22 years of no contact) then all that brings back memories of being dumped on the streets as a baby by my mother. All that added to now having to care for my grandfather and grandmother on my own is really putting me to the test! Sorry if I seem like I've babbled on and if it seems like I'm looking for sympathy, I'm really not. I just needed to get all this off my chest as it feels so heavy right now.

Darbysa
03-09-13, 07:10
Hi kez
You might not be looking for sympathy but you certainly get mine. That's a lot for you to have to deal with and it's not surprising you feel like you do. Have you ever had any counselling? I'm no expert in these things but it sounds like you could do with some help to work through this. I hope you feel a bit more positive this morning.
Sal

cokesmyth5
03-09-13, 07:58
What a burden you have, I really feel for you.
Would you ever consider medication along side a talking therapy? They say that's a very effective combination - it has certainly helped me.

There is always someone on here to offload onto. Take care
Nic

Dizzy_Dave
04-09-13, 08:05
Put the nan and grandad in a residential/nursing home or at a min arrange with social services for a home care package to be arranged for in home care (up to four times a day) a residential/nursing home they can be looked after properly though 24/7 so you can concentrate on your relationship without so much damn stress. Regarding your biological father - write him a letter explaining how resentful you feel towards him for abandoning you and your mother when you needed him most - and find out whether this contact is more for him (to ease his guilt) rather than honest interest in your life. Don't let anyone talk you into doing anything you are not happy about, ever, your inner wisdom will always be true to yourself so listen to it. Good luck.