PDA

View Full Version : 2 awful night's sleep in a row

GirlAfraid23
03-09-13, 06:54
So sunday night I got around 2/3 hours sleep & i though this would make me really tired last night.
I had a warm milk, took some bachs night remedy spray but only managed around 4 hours.
I was tossing & turning till 2.30 and now up again at 6.30.

It was my first day back at work after 6 weeks off (i work in a school).

Its so frustrating as my body is not back into the swing of this either.

littlemisschatterbox
03-09-13, 07:32
Im the same, hopefully your routine will kick start a better sleep pattern? X

GirlAfraid23
03-09-13, 14:16
Hopefully, can you get ill/die from too little sleep?

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

So if I don't sleep again tonight much nothing will happen?

Edward_1980
03-09-13, 14:16
Hopefully, can you get ill/die from too little sleep?

No one ever died from lack of sleep so don't worry. Hopefully your routine will kick back into place.:)

GirlAfraid23
03-09-13, 14:20
No one ever died from lack of sleep so don't worry. Hopefully your routine will kick back into place.:)

Thanks, what would normally happen though?

Edward_1980
03-09-13, 14:27
Thanks, what would normally happen though?

You would just feel tired. Don't worry, the body can only go so much without sleep. Nothing will happen. If it persists I would advise going to see your GP.

GirlAfraid23
03-09-13, 14:36
You would just feel tired. Don't worry, the body can only go so much without sleep. Nothing will happen. If it persists I would advise going to see your GP.

Why? :(

Annie0904
03-09-13, 14:52
If you could die from lack of sleep I would be dead by now! I quite often go for days with only 3-4 hours sleep. I have a lot of trouble sleeping. I am sure yours is related to going back to work. Your body will only take so much and after a few nights of little sleep I often get a good night.
I think Edward is saying if it persists you should see a doctor as he may be able to give you something to help you sleep not because it is anything to worry about.
A relaxing bath in Epsom salts with a few drops of lavender oil before bed may help you relax more and a cup of lavender or chamomile tea to drink.

Edward_1980
03-09-13, 14:52
He may put you on sleeping pills if you are suffering from insomnia.

GirlAfraid23
03-09-13, 17:59
I really don't want to go on sleeping pills :(

Annie, how long do you go with these sleepless nights before you get a good one?

Magic
03-09-13, 18:04
Annie is right Girl afraid. I would have been dead years ago through lack of sleep.
Once you get back to normal working way of life hopefully you will sleep better

Annie0904
03-09-13, 18:35
I have gone for a week before and then had a better night and back to not sleeping again. I am sure yours will be related to going back to work and it should get back to normal soon. Try to relax before you go to bed and don't be on the computer about an hour before bed, just a relaxing bath and warm drink as suggested earlier. x

Edie
03-09-13, 19:05
I have terrible sleep problems, but it's never caused me to die :)

Sometimes my emotions get out of control when I get very tired, and I get more and more anxious about not sleeping, that I end up sleeping even worse. As soon as I get a good night's sleep, I feel much happier again.

I know you don't want to take sleeping pills, and I'm not going to try and persuade you to do anything you're uncomfortable with, but used safely they needn't be addictive. I take a sleeping pill once per week for the past 5 years and it's really helped me get regular sleep and keep my mood stable. I have no craving for them whatsoever, and the benefits have been really helpful. Just make sure you understand them before you rule them out.

Going back to work may be adding to your anxiety at the moment, but it will help you get into a regular routine and will probably help with the sleep situation. If you're anything like me, you will finally get a really good night's sleep and feel so much better for it!

GirlAfraid23
03-09-13, 19:27
I have terrible sleep problems, but it's never caused me to die :)

Sometimes my emotions get out of control when I get very tired, and I get more and more anxious about not sleeping, that I end up sleeping even worse. As soon as I get a good night's sleep, I feel much happier again.

I know you don't want to take sleeping pills, and I'm not going to try and persuade you to do anything you're uncomfortable with, but used safely they needn't be addictive. I take a sleeping pill once per week for the past 5 years and it's really helped me get regular sleep and keep my mood stable. I have no craving for them whatsoever, and the benefits have been really helpful. Just make sure you understand them before you rule them out.

Going back to work may be adding to your anxiety at the moment, but it will help you get into a regular routine and will probably help with the sleep situation. If you're anything like me, you will finally get a really good night's sleep and feel so much better for it!

As soon as I get a good night's sleep I feel automatically better.
But how do you get out of the vicious cycle?!