PDA

View Full Version : Hi all. Symptoms of weaning off prozac. Please help

Lani89
03-09-13, 08:30
Hi all,

So I've been weaning slowly off prozac for months.... So slowly in fact that I'm now on 0.5 ml and have been a good month or more.

Basically 3 weeks ago my partner had a chat to me & told me my mood swings were terrible, and how every little thing was making me fly off the handle. I could see his point. I tried very hard to watch this. 1 week ago we went on holiday. Second day in, I felt odd... On and off until our last day when I was convinced that I was really ill. My dad suddenly told me that I was fine and that it was anxiety. Realisation hit me. This is how I feel -

Weak
Shakey
Ill (constantly)
Funny head... (Almost a muggy headache)
Nauseous
Waves of strong panic, emptiness and feelings I can't go on
Exhausted
Not sleeping
Fear
Crying
Sudden noises seem loud and affect me
Diarrhea (had over a week)

Work has been a struggle because although the worst of the feeling ng comes in waves, I feel constantly unwell.

Is this a normal reaction to coming of drugs... Can this settle, or do I need the tablets? Please help me.. I'm scared and I feel confused about what to do. I'm worried about my job and feel life I could lose everything ,

Darbysa
03-09-13, 08:47
Hi Lani
I think your dad is right. These are all symptoms of anxiety. Can I ask why you are coming off your meds? Is it because you were starting to feel better? Are these the symptoms you started taking Prozac for? I'm on seroxat and have tried to come off them a couple of times because I thought I was "cured" and could manage without them. Each time I've ended up back on them because the anxiety and panic came back. That's not to say that you should go back on them. You say you've been doing well up to now. Why don't you go and have a chat with your doctor? Sorry I can't be of more help but it does sound like you need to do something.
Good luck
Sal

Lani89
03-09-13, 09:01
Hi Sal,

I was put on them for ocd 7 years ago at the age of 17. I never experienced anything like this. Doc agreed for me to try coming off as I had counselling and didn't suffer ocd anymore. I've never had these feelings before, and is the worst thing in the world.

I'm seeing my doc today, but I just don't know what to do or say. If it's normal to get this when coming of prozac I'll try and see if through. I'm so unhappy right now x

Darbysa
03-09-13, 11:09
Just explain it all to your doctor like you did in your post. I am sure he will be able to reassure you that these are all symptoms of anxiety and could be down to you coming off the Prozac. OCD, anxiety, panic and depression are all closely related so you could need some extra help. I hope you get some reassurance and that this settles down for you. I know how bad it feels. It would be good if you could get through this without medication but don't beat yourself up if it turns out you do need some help. It happens to the best of us! You are not alone.
Sal x

Gitte
28-01-14, 16:32
Hi Lani. This is all typical Withdrawal symptoms......the last Cut is the worst! Go to Facebook and get Help in there, theres a huge group with People from all overstået World getting off medication.....put Benzo in the search and it Will pop up! Or Google Benzo wd symptoms and youll see this is serious stuff.