PDA

View Full Version : cant even cry anymore

worried 101
03-09-13, 11:38
i currently suffering the lowest dip that I have ever had and have been crying non stop for a bout a week.even though i still feel as low as i did i suddenly cant produce any tears.its like they have actually run out.
i feel the need to cry all the time but its like they arent there anymore.
has anyone else had this?

gregcool
03-09-13, 13:24
I had this for two weeks solid when i split up with my wife of 15 years in march..i cried all the time.daily.then after a couple of weeks i was all cried out..like you couldnt cry anymore.i think when you cry hard and solid,we are thinking of things that make us sad and crying helps to release all emotion atatched to them.so after a while ,you stop crying because your mind has delt with them for now releasing all that sadness...i was able to cry again latter down the line.even now i can cry if i dwell hard on what upset me in the begining.

Eyji1
03-09-13, 20:16
I haven't been able to cry for about one and a half years now. But I'm sure one day I'll break out crying.

Sparkle1984
04-09-13, 09:04
It sounds like you need a meds change. If you're still feeling this bad after almost 3 months of being on 20mg citalopram (going by your previous threads), then it sounds like they're not going to work so well this time around. In my experience, you should have noticed some improvement by now. I recommend asking for a review.