PDA

View Full Version : Worried I Might Have Epilepsy .

lb76696
03-09-13, 15:49
As I have said in a previous thread I made, I have had these uncommon flinch/jerk things for as long as I can remember. They used to be uncommon - once every few months or so. Recently I have been getting one a day for the last week or so. It is just like a flinch that lasts less than a second. I am fully aware I have flinched. I think it mostly happens as a result of sunlight. I am slightly worried that If I consume alcohol now I could have a seizure. Even though I have never had one before. I read that alcohol can increase the chance of seizures up to 48 hours after. I thought my flinches/jerks were partial complex seizures but after reading about them I don't think they are. Do you think it will be safe to drink? Does it sound like epilepsy? Can it be diagnosed with a blood test or not?

Thank You .
xxx

nomorepanic
03-09-13, 15:54
Hi

Did you read the replies on the other post - there are quite a few.

lb76696
03-09-13, 16:18
Yes I did. Anyone else got any opinions or insight though?

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

The last time I drank heavily was not last weekend, but the one before. Even though these flinches weren't as prevelant then would I still have to at more chance of seizure if I've had undiagnosed epilepsy my whole life?

Brunette
04-09-13, 16:53
Nicola's right, you asked the same question on another thread but haven't taken a blind bit of notice of any of the replies.

Last week it was leukaemia, this week it's epilepsy - in fact it's neither of those, it's health anxiety and that's what you need to get help with.

anthrokid
05-09-13, 09:15
Sometimes people just flinch. My partner twitches every night as he goes to sleep. I find my right hand does it a lot for absolutely no reason. I've never considered them to be a sign of anything, just little oddities. If it is concerning you, go and check in with a doctor and ask their opinion. To my understanding, there are several components involved in a diagnosis of epilepsy, never just one. They can screen for certain indicators in your blood, observe your physical behaviours, run EEGs and take neuroimaging scans such as CTs and MRIs. At the end of the day, no one here can give you a definitive answer, all we can do is provide you with suggestions, personal experiences and support.