PDA

View Full Version : Three Panic Attacks Today

Edward_1980
03-09-13, 16:37
Today isn't the best for me. Mark is really ill with a flu and a temp of nearly 40 degrees and I have been worrying all day yesterday and didn't sleep a wink last night. I'm up since 3am getting him water, paracetamol and doing the cooking and cleaning. I suffered the first attack around 6am. My face and arms tingled, my palms went sweaty and my vision went blurry. I rode it out and it lasted less than ten minutes.

I went to my appointment (Very tired and anxious) to see the Psychiatrist and get my Mood Stabilizer. Dr. Natasha and Dr. Kirrane herself were delayed so I had to see a complete new Doctor. I went in and the panic jumped right at me. I began getting very hot, babbling really fast and scratching at my feet. The Doctor understood that I couldn't cope with her so she got me a glass of water and sent me back to the waiting room to wait for Dr. Natasha.

After getting some air and phoning Mark I calmed down and Aeneas called me in to see Dr. Kirrane herself. Here's where it gets really tricky. I forgot about panic and got really angry with Dr. Kirrane because I perceived her abandoning me for the past two months. Aeneas was present and things got really ugly. I told Dr. Kirrane that I no longer trust her and I wished to speak with Dr. Natasha because I have come to trust her this last month. She was agreeing and Aeneas stepped in and said absolutely not. Dr. Kirrane then agreed with him and I got so angry I left without my Injection and script for my medication. On the way home in the car I had another attack. It wasn't full blown, but it was again the tingling in the face and hands, the sweaty palms, only this time I really had to do breathing exercises to stop me hyperventilating. I was shaking like a leaf after the encounter with Dr. Kirrane and Aeneas

I got home from the appointment and I was anxious, emotional and stressed to the core. The appointment went wrong, I had no script, no medication and Mark was so ill. It was all too much. I started to hyperventilate, shake really badly, got tingling in my arms and lost my balance. I burst into tears in Mark's arms. I just couldn't cope with everything that has happened since Sunday. I took one of Mark's Lexetan and a Zimovane just to relax for half an hour.

Mark got the medication sorted from Dr. Reilly and both Mark, myself, Dr. Kirrane and Aeneas are having a meeting tomorrow in Techport at 4pm to discuss me getting a new key nurse. I'm so sorry this thread is so long, but I just have had it up to my eye balls since Sunday and it all came out today.

Tufty
03-09-13, 22:10
More :bighug1: Edward, sounds like you could do with some.

Well done for going out and making your appointment, that's one positive. And you're taking care of Mark, that's tiring and another achievement you should be proud of. I hope your meeting goes well tomorrow and you have a better day
Love Sam