PDA

View Full Version : t0rt01se36 's Mum's Funeral

Speranza
03-09-13, 18:18
Hi, Julie rang me earlier to say she was feeling really proud of herself after her Mum's funeral, and asked me to post here to tell you all how it went. (I'm really sorry it wasn't earlier Julie, I had to rush to the vet with my 18 year old cat who has had a fight!!)

There were about 170 people there (I could hear them all in the background at the after-do!) and Julie managed to do a reading; even though she cried through it, she felt she had done a really good job. And I'm sure she had. Nobody minds tears at a funeral!

I am SO PROUD of you Julie!! Mahoosive hugs and LOTS AND LOTS of love!

Gill xxxxxxxxxxx

Annie0904
03-09-13, 18:33
Well done Julie and thank you for letting us know Gill xx

Spot-the-frog
03-09-13, 19:24
Well done Julie, you did brilliantly at such a sad time x

Tessar
03-09-13, 21:48
Wow Julie, you have done so very well and how much it is appreciated up that t such a hard time, demanding so much of your energy and attention, you thought of your friends at NMP. You are truly a thoughtful person and I am proud to know you through NMP. It must have been a hugely emotional and sad day for yo but sounds like you were very brave. Big hugs coming your way :-)

Rain
03-09-13, 22:49
Very well done for doing the reading. I'm sure everyone really appreciated the courage it must have taken. Big hugs to you.

flossie
04-09-13, 11:28
Just sending you my continued thoughts and best wishes during this sad and difficult time. Well done for the reading at the funeral Ju, that was an exceptionally brave and hard thing to do.
x.

AuntieMoosie
04-09-13, 13:18
Well done Julie, that must have been so hard for you, but you did it hun :)

Sending lots more hugs your way

:hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs:

Speranza thank you so much for letting us all know :)

t0rt01se36
04-09-13, 15:08
Thank you all.

When the Hearse arrived and the funeral car, I cried. It was real then. The sad realisation that I was putting Mum to rest.

Nearly 200 people packed in to the church and it was such a good comfort for me, seeing all those familiar faces.

During my reading, I just focused on what I had typed and I read it, fighting through my tears.

Words can't express how happy I was, when I saw my Great Uncle and his wife, outside the church. I was so glad they made it, cos I hadn't seen them for a few years. I met a relative yesterday that I hadn't met before.

Lots of :bighug1:and :weep: took place, but that was normal under the circumstances.

I guess I was on auto pilot yesterday, for the funeral. I still managed to do some things my way though, which helped me through my sadness, which included walking into the church to see who was there, before I officially went in and I wandered towards the exit of the cemetery and back, while everyone was gathered there.

The Wake was at a hotel and it was lovely and sad at the same time, to meet everyone and have time to talk.

BobbyDog
06-09-13, 10:25
You have done so well Julie, you did your mum proud, it is such a difficult thing to go through and very surreal I know. Well done.xxx

Speranza
06-09-13, 13:45
Yes BobbyDog, I remember at my Dad's funeral we were all standing around when the car arrived, and suddenly I looked at everyone and said, "Hey, we can get in the car. There's no point waiting for Dad, he's already there!"

We were all expecting him to appear from his room... Bless him, it was so strange having a gathering without him.

celticlass62
06-09-13, 18:30
You did very well julie and your mum would have been so proud of you hunny.
just remember all the happy times with your lovely mum
lots of love
celticlass xxxx :hugs::hugs:

Granny Primark
07-09-13, 03:46
Well done!!!:yesyes:
It was great yesterday to hear you happy. Im so pleased that you got to meet Peter Andre.And the pic is brill! Thanks for sharing. It made my day.:D

t0rt01se36
07-09-13, 16:37
Lynn, please can you move your last post about me meeting Peter, to misc or success stories.

Thank you.