PDA

View Full Version : OK newbie so please be nice

shedazzled
03-09-13, 22:46
Hi there,

So first off it has taken me several attempts just to write this post without it sounding like I'm droning on.
Anyway I'm 32years old and have been a sufferer of anxiety,panic and agoraphobia for the last 12 years, and by heck I don't need to tell most of you what a roller-coaster ride it's been and still is. I have no definitive time or event that I can recall which caused the first signs of these issues. I look at myself as surviving not living day to day because of the limited things I can do but then again I'm more alive than some folk if it make sense, But I decided to share my story as they say with whomever choose to read it also to try and help others as well as myself if i can. :)

aggiecuttler
04-09-13, 16:54
Hello there, sorry you are suffering as many others of us are, it certainly is a rough path, are you on medications for the panic or anxiety, as it may help to address it and get some advice, blessings

MRS STRESS ED
04-09-13, 17:10
:welcome:to nmp

almamatters
04-09-13, 18:05
Hi :welcome: to the forum, sure you will find loads of help and support on here.

shedazzled
08-09-13, 21:00
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I found myself in a low slum for a few days there but starting to lift again. I am on medication @aggiecuttler I have been taken Venlafaxine 75mg twice a day for the past few years, the GP first prescribed me 40mg cipramol and it never agreed with me it took me months to convince the GP so finally I managed to get them to change it and now i've been on this now for 10years with the dosage fluxuating between dosages. I've tried many passages to try and rid myself of my anxieties like hypnotheary, councilling and gradual exposure all of which have had no effect. I am now referred to a department called 'DOING WELL' which I'm finding positive but missed an appointment last week, so need to reschedule .

Speranza
08-09-13, 21:09
Hi! :welcome:

EVERyone will be nice to you, relax! It's a good place to find - and give - support.

Gill x