PDA

View Full Version : Abroad and worried about everything! Help!

Jennaxox
04-09-13, 11:18
Right so I'm on holiday with my family & I can't stop worrying about everything I keep panicing incase I end up in hospital with appendicitis or something and if I'm not worrying about that in worrying about my head (these are the 2 things I suffer with anexity with at the moment) I'm so worried its rediculous like last night I went on karaoke and I got this weird burning tightening of muscles feeling in the back of my head neck? Is this down to like pulling a muscle or something? Can anyone help me? Sorry for the rant but I really am worried about both of them things :( xxx

Female healthanxiety
04-09-13, 12:22
Hello Jennaxox,

I am so sorry to hear your not enjoying your holiday as one should.

I was exactly the same when I went to Gran Caneria last year - had sun stroke for the first time in my life - and my HA was awful....

You are feeling like this because your anxious, and your body has probably tensed up with the apprehension of going, ie, the travelling etc.

Why don't you treat yourself to a massage - if anything, it will release the tensions you have at the moment - I did this and felt marginally better.

Please please try and enjoy it and just think to yourself - I am not going to be here next week- so make the most of it ---- when you get the feelings - just laugh in your head and tell yourself -- 'Anxiety, you are really trying your best, but I know what this is'

xxxx

Jennaxox
04-09-13, 14:16
Thanks for your help its just really hard to control I'm bad at home let alone here lol xxx

skippy66
04-09-13, 14:41
I can relate to this.

What you need to do is take a huge step back from your situation and look at the big picture.

Imagine for a second that next week a huge meteor is going to wipe out the planet.

Now, what are you going to do with the rest of this week? Are you going to enjoy the time you have left by relaxing, swimming, sunbathing, eating good food, drinking good wine - or are you going to ruin your last week on earth by worrying about your health and what 'might' happen (but probably won't)?

Don't worry, the world probably isn't going to be wiped out by a meteor. My point is that at some point life ends for all of us and at this moment in time you have a choice - you can obsess and worry about your health or you can just say 'to hell with it' and enjoy your holiday regardless.

Remember, you have a choice.

Munchlet
04-09-13, 20:40
So sorry you are not enjoying your holiday.

I do understand what you are feeling as I get really anxious when I'm abroad and always worry something will happen.

The thing is even if it did (Which it won't) unless you are in the middle of the nowhere with no transport you would always get medical help if you needed too.

I'm sure you don't need it and it is your anxiety playing up but as femalehealthanxiety said treat yourself to a massage or do something to relax you.

Please try and enjoy your holiday as you'll come back and feel sad that you didn't make the most of it.

The worse of it is the anxiety isn't going anywhere so why not try and think of it as postponing and ignoring it until you get home. That way you can decide if you need to see your own GP when you get back but by putting it aside for now you can hopefully enjoy the rest of your holiday.